Video.. How to clean Buffalo and V nickels

dk dogs

This is a video I put together on how to clean dug buffalo nickels. The process is the same for V nickels and old Jefferson nickels. The pictures are from some nickels I have cleaned a few weeks ago. Let me know if you have any questions. I am new to this video stuff so its not the best video but you will get the idea.
Thanks
Davehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSTievUUbTw&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• 12-12 buffalo front.jpg
    12-12 buffalo front.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 989
  • 12-12 buffalo back.jpg
    12-12 buffalo back.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 975
Exactly the way I do mine. Nickels you can clean do death. They will almost never have any dug value. I heard a bird in the background. What kind? I have an African Grey...

I agree that 90% of the dug nickels have no value. Just check them carefully before deciding to clean them. We have a sun conure. I hope some day when I have more time to have a grey

Thanks for the video. I found 2 buffalo's last week that were quite toasted. I will use your method to make them look decent to add to my collection. Same as you I have no plans to sell any of my dug coins.

Can I put them on Metal detecting and coins videos blog? I love to get cool things like this on there! It's a really good reference. URL is in my signature.

There is a video on my Youtube channel with my bird in it taking a bath..LOL!

Thats pretty much what I do as well, only I like mine to still look dug, so i keep them a little red. To each their own.
Great video.

1920 d mint mark buffalo

Found a 1920 d buffalo its in decent shape besides it being under the ground. Would any of you guys clean this coin? i got a pic of it on the site under stories and pic section. From what i read online its not a bad date or mint. I might want to sell this coin in the future and do not want to mess it up any worse than it is,if it is a key date. Any info and advise you guy/gals would give will prolly be what is best instead of just randomly searching online. Thanks HH

Looks good. The more you go over it the cleaner they usually turn out

Back
Top Bottom