• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites 5900/Di Pro Plus

007tallguy

Elite Member
just wondering if anyone out there has ever used one of these boat anchors? :lol:
a work associate has lent me a Whites 5900/Di just to try it out and see if it works and if i can find anything with it. the coil on it is labelled as a "BlueMax DeepScan 950". he's tinkered with it and in his words: "could get the odd beep out of it", but he's not really into detecting. (maybe i'll be able to get myself a good back-up detector for a reasonable price!)

i'll tell ya.... it's nothing like using my Ace 250, you don't just turn this thing on and go like with the Ace, haha! buttons and knobs everywhere! :shock::lol:
i have a feeling this thing will also be a great workout for the swinging arm. :giggle:
one nice feature will be the ground balance, maybe i'll actually get to try out the "wet" sand at some of the beaches this summer. i've got the manual downloaded, so now.... try to figure out how this thing works, haha. wish me luck. :blink::dash2::twisted:
of course, any and all hints and tips for this machine are welcomed. :D

Pete

What you have there is one of the best machines of the 1980's. I have the 6000 DI Pro and I still use it occasionally. Make sure you follow all the directions in the manual for start up and especially when it comes to ground balancing. You can get the manual for it on the Whites website. They are heavy but they are very accurate. When my needle points to a type of coin it is seldom ever wrong. Good luck!

What you have there is one of the best machines of the 1980's. I have the 6000 DI Pro and I still use it occasionally. Make sure you follow all the directions in the manual for start up and especially when it comes to ground balancing. You can get the manual for it on the Whites website. They are heavy but they are very accurate. When my needle points to a type of coin it is seldom ever wrong. Good luck!

ok, thank you! i've already downloaded that manual (and i see it's for both the 5900 and the 6000).
it's just the way they abbreviated some of the controls that makes it sound half confusing, haha. i like the instructions they put on the back of the machine too! :lol: there's certainly lots of room on a control unit that BIG for lotsa writing, HAHA!
at least i can compare signals from this one with what my Ace tells me is there in the ground and help to get a feel for the Whites that way. i think i'll print up a little cheat sheet or even the whole manual to carry with me until i become more familiar with it.
the guy who owns it doesn't seem to be too concerned at to when he gets it back, so... i've got some time to play with it. :yes:

Pete

Back
Top Bottom