GoPro Mount

louie088

Elite Member
Do you ever video your hunts? With a GoPro? How and where do you mount your device? thanks,
GL and HH,
Lou

I use a headstrap so you can see the screen as I get signals and also watch as I open holes and recover targets...2 things I like to see when I watch other's vids.
Looks stupid...works great.

Quality on this is ok but you need a lot of space to process vids correctly which I don't currently have.

Hey Digger

Is the Go Pro 5 a rumor or for real, i called Go Pro Up, and all they told me is they have a new model for a drone, no news they would spill on a 5, Earl :?:

Thank you guys. Been trying to thing what to mount it to that will be a good universal spot and I went with a mount that will go to my piranha digger. My hands are full with the digger and my machine so it has to mount to one of those. I'm gonna mount to the shovel. I figure I could stick that in the ground, or hold it, and lie it on the ground for target retrieval. IDK we will see how that works. Ideally Id like to have the flex hook so I can switch it up. But in the end I want make quality videos but I am there to detect too hehe!

This is what you need. Can be relocated in seconds, adjustable, lets you use you detector as a "tripod" to film while digging.

gp arm.jpg

Personal opinion here: I have tried hat mounts, and video glasses. Unless you have a huge FOV and no detail, it's very hard to keep the camera pointed exactly where you want it. Your head moves A LOT, and thats not goood for filming.

I have tried semi-perm attachments, but it leaves you with no flexibility. That flex clamp is the best thing I have found.

I don't use a Go Pro but a Tachyon XC from many years ago. Think I was one of the first besides Crackbadger to do detecting videos around 2007/08. I've always felt you should capture the audio of the detector also so one can experience each targets audio as well as the video. Mine is mounted on the side of the headphone cup..with a quick release mount.

I don't use a Go Pro but a Tachyon XC from many years ago. Think I was one of the first besides Crackbadger to do detecting videos around 2007/08. I've always felt you should capture the audio of the detector also so one can experience each targets audio as well as the video. Mine is mounted on the side of the headphone cup..with a quick release mount.

The mount on the headset is a good idea. I bought a GoPro session about the size of an ice cube so the would do nicely. thanks for the ideas.

flexi grip hands down.

Thanks!

This is what you need. Can be relocated in seconds, adjustable, lets you use you detector as a "tripod" to film while digging.

View attachment 339376

Personal opinion here: I have tried hat mounts, and video glasses. Unless you have a huge FOV and no detail, it's very hard to keep the camera pointed exactly where you want it. Your head moves A LOT, and thats not goood for filming.

I have tried semi-perm attachments, but it leaves you with no flexibility. That flex clamp is the best thing I have found.

Gotcha! Thank you very much.

LOL, yeah I bought a Tachyon back then too. I never pick the tech that wins the race! :laughing: Back then Tachyon and gopro were roughly equal but the tachs were intrinsically waterproof and the GPs werent. I think you were the only one to mount them to phones so you got the audio.

I still have my tach, mounted to a ballcap but it can't capture the clarity of the new GPs.

Back
Top Bottom