Whites TRX vs. Deteknix X pointer on gold

You get what you pay for. 1 good chunk of gold could pay for a TRX. Who woulda thunk the X pin pointer doesn't do gold well? :?:

I wonder if the harbor freight one is better on gold than the X pointer?? :laughing:

Great video itsaring! :yes:

Freakin weird! I always thought PI was suppose to pick up small pieces of gold better. Isn't that kinda the purpose of a PI machine? :?: Thanks for the video, I was really curious about how they actually performed. Bummer :roll:

My tests also showed the inability of the Xpointer to see small gold items unless you are next to or touching. Much of my hunting is in areas where there is structure like playground items or bleacher metal and using my pointer as a stand alone in those areas makes it very important that it does not miss anything. Those open areas where my base detector says there is a find and the Xpointer does not comply, then I am back to the grab and swishing handfuls of dirt across my main coil. I had to park mine and dig out the TRX, minelab, and Vulcan as my go to and back up tools. One good missed find could equal the cost of a couple Xpointers. I think it will just be the coin shooters pointer.

My tests also showed the inability of the Xpointer to see small gold items unless you are next to or touching. Much of my hunting is in areas where there is structure like playground items or bleacher metal and using my pointer as a stand alone in those areas makes it very important that it does not miss anything. Those open areas where my base detector says there is a find and the Xpointer does not comply, then I am back to the grab and swishing handfuls of dirt across my main coil. I had to park mine and dig out the TRX, minelab, and Vulcan as my go to and back up tools. One good missed find could equal the cost of a couple Xpointers. I think it will just be the coin shooters pointer.

I for sure wouldn't use it for low gold range items. The scary thing is you may leave a gold chain in a hole with a clad quarter you dug out. TRX will find it. I find small jewelry on ball fields. Winter should be a good year.

Wow itsaring, that makes it pretty useless. No one wants to miss gold, and the X-pointer can't seem to even pick up small gold rings. Although I do like that it can't pick up aluminum. :) Sticking with the GPP anyway. :)

I've been using the x-pointer for awhile now and have used the ProPointer for a longer time. Both are good.

I mainly relic hunt and coin-shoot on occasion. I will tell you from experience that the X-pointer is a lot of bang for the buck and outshines the Garrett, in some areas.

The X-pointer doesn't false when it's pressed into the soil. Being a PI pinpointer it falses less because of mineralized soil. The adjustable sensitivity means it can reach further out than the Garrett in finding a target (when needed). The price is icing on the cake.

I'm sure there are shortcomings with it. Nugget/flake hunting is not what I do but there are some, sure. I wouldn't discount this new pinpointer at all versus the Garrett in just one area of this vast hobby. HH

I've been using the x-pointer for awhile now and have used the ProPointer for a longer time. Both are good.

I mainly relic hunt and coin-shoot on occasion. I will tell you from experience that the X-pointer is a lot of bang for the buck and outshines the Garrett, in some areas.

The X-pointer doesn't false when it's pressed into the soil. Being a PI pinpointer it falses less because of mineralized soil. The adjustable sensitivity means it can reach further out than the Garrett in finding a target (when needed). The price is icing on the cake.

I'm sure there are shortcomings with it. Nugget/flake hunting is not what I do but there are some, sure. I wouldn't discount this new pinpointer at all versus the Garrett in just one area of this vast hobby. HH

From my research since the x-Pointer came out, the adjustable sensitivity only means that the X-Pointer de-tunes with a push of the button. It might get a little deeper but not a lot. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

It does detune by pushing the buttons. A lot like other units such as the TRX and the Profind. On it's max setting, the X-pointer senses a target further out than the ProPointer.

I'm not one much for air tests but there are Youtube vid's that show it. I had to see it first hand before I bought one. Especially from the tip, straight out, it does go another 1" to 1.5" out.

It has to be the highlight of the Deteknix company. Their detectors look like junk.

I was thinking about purchasing one of those.:yikes: Glad you made your video! THANKS, for the heads up...

Nice video buddy!! I did testing and came up with the same conclusion. Small foil i miss for sure. My f70 detects smaller objects than my x pointer lol.

Back
Top Bottom