I have to ask!

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Being a dirt fisher it seems from here that you beach hunters have it made!!! It's like every time you guys go out you find 4 to 7 gold or plantium rings and 8 silver coins! Do most of you guys live off of all the gold you find???? because it seems to me that if you find say 20 to 30 gold or plantium rings a month you would make enough in melt than most reg guys jobs pay

Some of the beach hunters should post some photos of all the trash they find in this tread. :)

Pleaseeeeeee i hunt every day and dont get the gold some get. It has a lot to do with location, people, season or if the beach starts producing. It comes in spurts. There are a lot of us on here posting so it may seem we are making a fortune.... aint happening. Only a couple people i know brag they are making a living at it. In order to do that you have to have a nitch to sell them.... wont make it on just melt value i can tell you that. Timing is also a key.... you have to be out there chasing it. Im skeptical of anyone who always posts they only hunt during their lunch hour and ALWAYS hit gold. I was a dirt digger for many years..... takes a while to pay those expensive machines off, but you can definitely find enough to keep the wife happy, pay for equipment, have some keepers, and put a little in the bank every year.

Dew

No... you can't live off the stuff we find unless we lived in a homeless shelter ;)

No one finds 20 to 30 platinum rings a month unless they are robbing jewelry stores... :lol:

Most people only post when they find gold or silver... you won't hear about my last 5 hunts that I didn't find either.

Some people live in very good locations (usually outside of the US mainland) and they pull gold almost every hunt, but that isn't the norm.

People tend to post when they do well and not post so much when they don't. It kind of give people a false impression of the hobby when you are normally only reading about exceptional hunts. Even more when videos are posted they are often times edited just to show the decent finds. In reality it's a lot of work, a lot of trash and a fair number of skunked trips.

I think some here could make a meager living detecting, but as mentioned it's due mainly to their prime locations. For most if they started hitting these productive places full time the finds would probably fall off quickly.

People tend to post when they do well and not post so much when they don't. It kind of give people a false impression of the hobby when you are normally only reading about exceptional hunts. Even more when videos are posted they are often times edited just to show the decent finds. In reality it's a lot of work, a lot of trash and a fair number of skunked trips.

I think some here could make a meager living detecting, but as mentioned it's due mainly to their prime locations. For most if they started hitting these productive places full time the finds would probably fall off quickly.

I have tapatalk and go to the unread section and every time I see found 3 gold and 5 silver I know it's beach hunters:laughing: I need to move to myrtle beach ASAP!

'Nother thing, those beach hunters don't have to go running around trying to locate owners and seeking permission. They got it made.

Being a dirt fisher it seems from here that you beach hunters have it made!!! It's like every time you guys go out you find 4 to 7 gold or plantium rings and 8 silver coins! Do most of you guys live off of all the gold you find???? because it seems to me that if you find say 20 to 30 gold or plantium rings a month you would make enough in melt than most reg guys jobs pay
bunch of bologna

Nobody is finding that. Where do you get this from? Actually I am offended by the ignorance. Where do you see 30 gold rings a month? Bologna post.

But ..... when i relic hunted i dont remember 10 others hunters right there hunting with me either. We get thousands of people clustered together..... and it amazes me how little they can loose. As the hobby gets more popular its getting even harder to get those tickets. As a relic hunting i didnt have to decide which beach to hunt at what time of the day so i could beat the hoard of hunters either. It can get pretty competitive and the days of finding a couple of dozen gold rings a month are about gone from what i can tell. I found a lot of history and cool things dirt digging.... on the beach its about the Gold... and i didnt sell many of my finds as a dirt digger either.

Dew

bunch of bologna

Nobody is finding that. Where do you get this from? Actually I am offended by the ignorance. Where do you see 30 gold rings a month? Bologna post.

Don't be so damn sensitive for god sakes dude!!! I actually giving you guys props for all the gold you guys seem to find. I just see alot of posts of great finds a bunch of you beach hunters find and just asking a question forgive me for my "IGNORANCE"

Don't be so damn sensitive for god sakes dude!!! I actually giving you guys props for all the gold you guys seem to find. I just see alot of posts of great finds a bunch of you beach hunters find and just asking a question

Oh, so since you have a CTX 3030 you think you are better than us?!

:D

Say what??? What does having a CTX have to do with anything??? I don't get it? There are a million guys here that smoke anything I find with all different kinds of detectors. I"m not better than anybody I'm a noob to detecting and just trying to be friendly and ask a simple question, I did not mean any harm sheeeeez. I thought we all had the same passion of detecting and shared the same views MY BAD

Crumble I have pm'd you about your last post please explain to me what you mean about thinking Im better than someone because of a detector?

Back
Top Bottom