• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Unknown Medallion

Ryan XP

Hello guys,
I found this large medallion last weekend. It was found in the rheinland-pfalz area of Germany. I'm not sure if it's a saints medallion or possibly Barbarossa or knight Reinhardt of hohenecken. It looks like a brass or bronze material 3 inches in size. Any ideas are much appreciated

Ryan,

Attachments

• 20191111_195340.jpg
    20191111_195340.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Thanks guys

Ginniper you are good! I've been researching everywhere and couldn't Id this guy. There was a silver one online. I made an appointment next Wednesday with the local archeologist to determine if its a copy or if its historically significant.

Ryan XP

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191112-065447_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191112-065447_Chrome.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 417
That's a medallion of John Frederick 1, elector of Saxony from 1503-1554

Welcome to the forum Ginniper.

It's good to know there is someone here that can help with all the 1500 Saxony relics I find.

Cool find, I hope it's real. Let us know

Wait! You have exactly ONE post !! And you ID a 1500’s coin from who knows where. And you’re from Alabama ? WOW !!!

Ha! This post made me create an account and let me tell you, it was a long 3 hours waiting to get approval!

You are most welcome Ryan! A lot of stone casts were made and used on German beer tankards-which is where I recognized him from. Very cool find dude!

Scooterjim, I'm no expert on relics from "across the pond" BUT I'm really active on two subs from Reddit (r/whatisthisthing and r/metaldetecting) so I'm really expanding my knowledge base!

Thank you all for the welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm addicted to this hobby and I look forward to conversing more with everyone here.

Ryan XP

We are redneck in Alabama but not all of us are dumies :lol:

Just because you are a redneck does not mean you are dumb, just that you have a "different" gathering of knowledge. I mean, give a redneck a roll of duct tape and a cresent wrench and we can fix anything!

Back
Top Bottom