Too Cold Yet? Nope, Not For Silver & Gold!

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
When time is limited and you don't get to go out that much, you take every opportunity you can despite the frigid temps setting in for a lot of us.

This past weekend was calling me after a long and stressful week. So I bundled up into my dry suit and hit the beach for some crazy cold fun.

Fortunately I found a nice little area that is rarely as deep as it was and after digging my first target, which I was certain was a can top, in the scoop was a nice '45 Walker. Needless to say I was shocked so it was on from there!
During the last hour, I then scored a Rosie, a silver medallion and tiny 14K diamond ring....teeny diamond but its real.

The items on the side are old lipstick cases. The smaller one says "Outdoor Girl" on it.

This one will be hard for me to top but there's still hope I can get back out there again soon despite the weather. Good luck out there folks and be safe.

Attachments

• pic1.jpeg
    pic1.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 553
  • pic2.jpeg
    pic2.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 504
  • pic3.jpeg
    pic3.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 495
That's awesome! Brave the temps and make the effort... and get rewarded with a Walker and gold! Congrats!

Congratulations on the cold gold SS!! I have to say I am jealous of your silver, Wow..it's beautiful! Also Very smart on the drysuit!

Really ? On a beach ?

Yes. Actually I was in the water between 3-5 feet.

Congratulations on the cold gold SS!! I have to say I am jealous of your silver, Wow..it's beautiful! Also Very smart on the drysuit!

Thanks OBN. I work an old beach but this spot is very sanded in all the time and its very rare to pull anything out of it. In fact this is the first silver coins I have pulled from here.
The dry suit is a must but its not insulated so I have to bundle up and I still need to get that dry glove adapter kit. Im still using lobster claw 5mm gloves that get wet. In time, it will be too cold to use those.

Last edited:
:dingding: That big silver would've had me just as excited as that gold - GREAT HUNT!!

Nice finds! Way to get out there, when the weather isn't quite so cooperative. It pays off. I love hunting in the cold. Nobody EVER bothers me. LOL

Skippy

Nice hunt... did you clean the silver ?

Yes, I generally clean anything I find that has no key date.

:dingding: That big silver would've had me just as excited as that gold - GREAT HUNT!!

It did... I was stoked after that. Gave me the energy to keep going for hours.

Nice finds! Way to get out there, when the weather isn't quite so cooperative. It pays off. I love hunting in the cold. Nobody EVER bothers me. LOL

You got that right! I love it too. People look at me like I am crazy but generally that isnt that many folks around.

Back
Top Bottom