Late Season Trifecta and Carson City!

Some very fine recoveries Kevin. A Seated CC Coin alone made that trip worth while. Congrats on the old Dime trifecta, the Indian and the Bell. That fairgrounds sounds like a lot of work and some straining on the ears to find the treasure. Your determination and drive made for a very successful adventure and you came home with the rewards. Now if you'd only answer your phone. Oh I did get a grand slam on Saturday. Trapper

Great stuff Kevin and I expect nothing less. That CC is a true bucket lister for me! I enjoy every thread you post and saddened they will come to a end here shortly. I hope for some warmer weather next week so I can go clean up on some areas I have in mind! Congrats again bro!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice coins! I was in the same boat probably in 2010. Just needed the stinking Rosie and tried until I practically dropped. Trifecta was still a very satisfying day.

Really nice trifecta man! Seasons are changing much too quickly, supposed to get a snow and rain mix today, followed by teens/single digit temps :roll: cabin fever will be back in no time, and we will be wondering how far south we really have to go to get to softer ground :laughing: but if that was your last hunt, I would be very happy with those results. There is something to this multi IQ stuff, and its interesting to see that it actually does put up a good fight against the big dogs. Congrats on the triple silvers!

I have hunted spots and had one 10 by 10 area give it up ! And the rest zip

That is one heck of a trifecta. Sorry the rosie eluded you but still a great hunt and finds.

I know, right?? The fact the fourth didn’t turn up is certainly OK, I call this an “early trifecta”. I am quite happy about it as the temp last night got to 5 degrees. That’s right...FIVE degrees. Hanging out INSIDE your refrigerator would be like being on a beach somewhere...wrap your mind around that one for a minute!:lol:
Thanks Jason, I appreciate props from guys who know what I’m doing...and how difficult it can be!

Congrats on the old dime trifecta Kevin, that seated is sweet and one that continues to elude me. Sorry to hear the Rosie avoided your coil but glad to hear the Equinox did you right at that place. What settings were you using ? I have been using Field 2 rec 4 &7 and Ib f2 -2 and seems to be working pretty well. Hope you are able to still get out a few more times before mother nature has her way. Good luck Mark

Hey Mark!....I am starting to dislike the EQX less...:lol:...it has a place but it’s still in the back seat for the most part. I’m just too dialed into the CTX but I know when to say when, I’m not good enough yet to make the CTX effective in this place. I’ll admit it. The skill level is VERY high in there!
I’m just using Park 1 Recovery 7 mostly...sweep speed can’t be TOO slow or the depth suffers here...but slow WILL separate shallower stuff at that Recovery speed. I haven’t updated the FE bias thing, so I’m just running at 3 for right now. I already have enough falsing to choke a horse so any less would slide toward being counter-productive. I’m working on it, as we all are. I’m sure in 10 years the “secrets” and “dark arts” of the EQX will be more available due to people just observing what they see...but right now, even at 125 hours into it, I’m still getting acclimated!
Thanks, here’s to hoping you get to hunt more this year as well. Winter drives me nuts...

Last edited:
Great stuff Kevin and I expect nothing less. That CC is a true bucket lister for me! I enjoy every thread you post and saddened they will come to a end here shortly. I hope for some warmer weather next week so I can go clean up on some areas I have in mind! Congrats again bro!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike! I don’t post finds horribly often but this deserved it just because of the possibility it might be the last for awhile as we know, but....we also know that we’ve been out hunting in the woods... in the snow ...in the cold...because it’s WHAT WE DO!! Finding the CC was a real boost at that moment and an instant memory maker. It only took 478 silver coins before that to get to this one! BTW...that’s a REALLY long time...:yes:

Nice coins! I was in the same boat probably in 2010. Just needed the stinking Rosie and tried until I practically dropped. Trifecta was still a very satisfying day.

Thanks much Loot! It’s a great feeling in one way and a desperate feeling at the same time....a time crunch, a weather crunch, a daylight crunch....and all I need is something I don’t even really want!:lol: You’re right, it is still a very good result, and sometimes we have to sit back and actually realize that.

Great finds and great write up! That you were able to get a dime trifecta out of that much nasty trash is very indicative of your skill and perseverance.

I haven't been able to get out to learn the CTX yet, but I might brave the cold this week and see what happens. :D

Let me know how your schedule stacks up Anthony. I have a good feeling that this blast ain’t gonna last and we’ll get a reprieve. I HAVE to think that, because the alternative is no more digging. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!:lol:

Really nice trifecta man! Seasons are changing much too quickly, supposed to get a snow and rain mix today, followed by teens/single digit temps :roll: cabin fever will be back in no time, and we will be wondering how far south we really have to go to get to softer ground :laughing: but if that was your last hunt, I would be very happy with those results. There is something to this multi IQ stuff, and its interesting to see that it actually does put up a good fight against the big dogs. Congrats on the triple silvers!

Thanks a lot Jeff, and I do think, for MY areas and what I’m looking for, that the apparent use of LESS frequencies CAN BE advantageous over FBS/2. I and others have seen positive results in areas riddled with EMI that cannot be mitigated with Noise Canceling, and sensitivity must be lowered to unusable levels. EMI has ALWAYS been my biggest enemy, no matter how thick the trash...and we’ve all seen thick trash!
It always happens here too...looking at the map, weather reports, snow cover reports...to see how far I’d have to go to dig. It’s good to know I’m not the only loony toon out there.:lol:
Good luck with the weather over there!

I have hunted spots and had one 10 by 10 area give it up ! And the rest zip

When we run across a super heavy concentration like that we have to almost stop and think...HOW? What had to be in place for the coins to not only be lost, but for them to not be seen on the surface? I always take into account things like this when I’m hunting anything BUT a ball field that has inherently longer grass...and it takes some imagination sometimes!
A friend and I hunted a park a few years ago that had NOTHING in any of the sand areas(sandbox, swings, merry go round, etc.) but....in FRONT of the swings, outside of the wooden perimeter that holds the sand, in the long grass....so many quarters we could hardly believe it. Holes we dug overlapped, multiples in a hole...they were EVERYWHERE...but confined to about a 20x10 area. All the kids that jumped and flew off the swings tumbled and lost all their money, and nobody could see it in the long grass!
It takes something SPECIFIC for high coin density places, and like you say...they can give it up!
Thanks Claddy! Carry on...:yes:

Damn straight!:yes: How are you getting on with the EQX? I know at one point you were questioning the need for it. The question is...did you need it?

I didn't needed it but wanted a high end detector to see what I was missing.
I am very happy with the 800, I'm certain I have found more silver and masked coins with it!
Plus it works great in saltwater!

Great show Kev 👍
If this year is wrapping up early your Season was pretty epic.
Can’t wait to see your wrap up next month.
Mouth watering finds once again .
HH .
,Dew
pS. Congratulations on the trifecta buddy.
But be aware that rumor has it ... you know who is Butt banking a quad this week 😳.

I didn't needed it but wanted a high end detector to see what I was missing.
I am very happy with the 800, I'm certain I have found more silver and masked coins with it!
Plus it works great in saltwater!

Wait ....? Did you say salt water? Are you taking me on vacation somewhere warm?

Back
Top Bottom