• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What about the Ace 400?

Usa

Elite Member
I am thinking about buying an Ace 400, but I have some questions first.

1: How deep does the Ace 400 detect on a dime sized object?

2:Does the Ace 400 have a different signal for silver coins than clad coins?

Any answers or other comments about the Ace 400 are greatly appreciated.

Thanks-Levi;)

The 400 has fixed ground balance so if soil is not exact you will not get the depth depth you are looking for. It requires you to run on very low sensitivity. In that case you could have many tones but hear none except the noise from the soil until you lowered the sensitivity.

My first detector was an ACE 350.

Found lots of neat stuff.

No one believes me, but I found a clad dime at 11 inches after 2-day soakng rai.

I have an Ace 400 as a backup detector to my AT Pro. I've used the 400 a number of times and have found small sterling rings at 8-9 inches that sounded off loud and clear so I'm confident I'm getting good depth. The detector is lightweight and easy to learn for even a beginner. It's more than a 250 in that in addition to the iron audio feature it also has a frequency shift and VDI readout which the 250 doesn't have. For the money it's a nice detector and currently Garrett has some deals on it that not only include the usual headphones, coil cover, and rain cover, but for a few bucks more they include a Garrett carrot pinpointer.

If your upgrading I would recommend stretch it a little more and get the AT Pro even if you have to find a used one, IMO way more machine. Good luck Mark

Ace 400 is a great machine, the wife swings one and loves it.
She says it makes "jackpot" sounds on good targets.
She always has more in her pouch when we hunt.
I think the bright yellow makes you think it's a beginner or kids machine but it definitely holds its own when hunting side by side with my atp or F70.
I think it's a great choice.
Now if I could just get her to stop digging and wearing out the end of her pro-pointer!

Back
Top Bottom