• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

target ID on xterra 705

11mm murata

One problem I have come across with my detector is what ID numbers mean what, such as what all type of items fall under each number like I keep getting 18, 20, and 40-44 throughout where I am currently detecting and are from and are from 6 to 12 inches down and I don't know what I would be looking for when digging (ground has been to muddy for me to dig).:(

40-44 in soggy ground can be copper memorials, dimes, quarters, or even Large Cents. 18-20 is often large pulltabs with the tails folded over into the center of the ring, but can also be assorted gold, or even tight wads of aluminum foil.

Audio nuances are very important to listen for. Junk frequently will not sound clean and clear, but will have a scratchy or broken tone, however irregularly shaped jewelry can do the same.

Audio rules! Numbers are ONLY a general indicator to be considered along with everything else. The only way to be sure of what you're encountering is to have it in your hand.

Here is something to give you an idea. Not absolute
xterra 705 chart.jpg

Yes. What these two above just said.
Also try waving a few different coins in front of the coil. Note the numbers and sounds. It takes time. Stick to it though and you can tell pretty easily coins from trash with the 705.

Back
Top Bottom