clad record and some silver from socal swells

MTJosh

Elite Member
Was out with everyone else this weekend hoping the swells would send some gold our way. Went sat afternoon Sunday at 3am and back out yesterday afternoon. Surprisingly no gold for me. But did get some silver. silver ring with big stone but tested fake so just cz. a small silver pendant. But highlight was my first silver dimes. Got three of them all from same erosion spot. two roosevelts (57 and 62) saturday and then my first mercury (38) on sunday so that made my whole weekend. Sunday was a clad record for me. 295 coins ($25). All from stretch less tan 80yds long. I could have dug more but was very dark and tide coming in (also gave fellow detectorist and ride back to his car as he walked two miles of beaches and it was getting dark so gave me a reason stop) Lots of quarters and other heavy targets but no jewelry. Still fun to be out. Will be back out after work today. Photos are the finds. The clad is just from sunday afternoon. Tossed the silvers into the pile for the photo. By weekends end I had near 500 coins and $43 just in clad. In now only 4 months of detecting already over $300 in clad. Also photo of big surface find. Wife thought this was a good photo to take. Didn't even need to dig. Good strong signal.

Attachments

• finds 3-2.jpg
    finds 3-2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 270
  • CZ silvers.jpg
    CZ silvers.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 271
  • silver dimes.jpg
    silver dimes.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 271
  • boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 273
Surprising how many keys are found on the beach. I wonder how they got home or got through there door to their homes. I use to live near San Diego Ca. I was getting dressed one time, (Blacks Beach, the nude beach) I was putting on my shirt, dropped a red bic lighter in the sand. I finished getting shirt and shorts on and looked down and didn't see the large red lighter. I sifted my fingers through the sand for nearly 15 minutes or more trying to find the lighter. I realized then, how easy it could be to lose a ring or anything else.

Excellent coin count, It seems everyone did well with coins, Hopefully I wont be asleep at the next swell.

MT-josh, thanx for posting ! Isn't that awesome getting into a pocket so thick you can hardly move ? I've seen conditions like that, where you can spend hours in a zone now bigger than living room it seems! Litterally coins on top of coins, and sometimes multiple coins per scoop. Kinda makes you spoiled to the point where you'll never go back to dry sand hunting again! haha :laughing:

Nice huntin Josh, Congrats on the silver and killer clad count! So when are we taking your new 70 foot boat out for a spin? :lol:

Thanks for posting! I am just stoked by the huge number of coins that are showing up on hunts since we had our little storm/swell all the the Cali coast.
Of course the Gold & Silver ain't bad either!:D

MT-josh, thanx for posting ! Isn't that awesome getting into a pocket so thick you can hardly move ? I've seen conditions like that, where you can spend hours in a zone now bigger than living room it seems! Litterally coins on top of coins, and sometimes multiple coins per scoop.

I had times with multiple coins in a scoop. Always fun. Hard part was finding a spot where you could put scooped sand to see if a target was in the sand as there was a target every foot or less on this beach. Would crank up the gain and go back over area I hit as with first layer or two of targets gone then would pick up plenty more. When I left looked like a hundred gophers came through. Filled all my holes but still looked like a plowed farmfield with all the disturbed sand.

With the coin count I am having I am expecting decent hunts for a while (unless mother nature decides to sand everything in). This beach I nicknamed dime beach but have pulled a platinum on it this year so rings area there too.

Back
Top Bottom