Clad, Clad, Clad....zzzzz

gordonquixote

Elite Member
Lately I have been Clad the Impaler......every time I go out, I find a few dollars in clad. Various depths too....0"-6" deep.

I run full gain and no notch.......but silver coins have been elusive to say the least. I would think I would find at least a Mercury dime or a silver Washington laying around.

I bet my clad count for the year so far is $30. The parks I hunt are old, and due to the clad being at various depths, I wouldn't think it's just from other people hunting them out.

This week is the first time I've seen any evidence of other MD'rs around town.

Is it just me or is this normal?

In about $45 worth of clad I have found a Mercury dime @ 7", a Washington qtr @ 2" and a Canadian Voyager dollar @ 4".

I'm having fun, but running out of unswung territory! I guess I need to start looking for private property to hit.

Looking for a ratio of silver face value to clad face value so I can judge my results....not complaining at all....haha....I dug 43 pennies today...a few dollars in qtrs and dimes as well, but pennies were really happenin' today.

just pennies...

Some days I run around and find nothing but pennies! :mad: And I've acutually heard ppl say they "just hunt for the silver"... :roll: so they will actually discriminate pennies and nickels to look for dimes and quarters and such! :frustrated:
But I have learned from the past..that someday..my day will come! :clapping:
oh well. Happy hunting!
Dusty Eagle

I've only been out hunting afew times this year, but I'm up on silver value, over the 40 some cents I've dug.
You just never know were its at. Low and Slow

I mean one day I dig wheat's and a barber and the next day across the street and up the block, a big fat nothing, not even clad!!

I am still waiting for my day, but I never come home empty handed. I have been really nailing the dimes and quarters, and my totals in my sig have been from mainly 97% of the same sports complex I hunt. So I have nothing to complain about. I have found jewelry, tokens, odds and ends, money, pulltabs, and other stuff, but the silver will come. I have hunted a couple old spots out here , but pulled my wheat backs. My oldest Wheat Back came from my normal hunting spot. It is 36 acres and it will be just a matter of time til the silver pops out somewhere. Keep at it and good luck. HH

This was my first day out in my spot with the Etrac. I was happy with it!
Etrachuntfirstday.jpg

I'm right there with you. My first hunts of the year were great for silver, but my last 3 hunts have gone dry. 3 older, private house lawns. Lots of clad, but zilch on the silver. Just have to keep plugging away!

A better indicator of silver is by the Wheat pennies you find...This year I'm averaging a little better than 1 in 4 so far, last year was slightly under 1 in 3. If you're digging Wheats, there's silver there. I hit a lot of 'hunted out' places where all the clad dimes and quarters and most of the silver has been cherry picked. By concentrating on finding deep Wheats, I can usually manage at least one silver dime on each hunt. Take whatever clad you run across with a smile and seek out the Wheats, and the silver will appear. Happy Hunting!

silver

Another possibility which, is obvious in my area but perhaps not in yours, is that although the parks may be old they may also have been backfilled many times over the years and the silver is just plain out of range. You may want to look for low spots in the terrain for a test swing. Maybe some areas in the bushes around your locations where they may not have filled. Just a thought.

Or those areas have just been cleaned out. Or there was never a lot of activity in those areas so there's nothing to find. My town has been here since the 1700's BUT.....it's never had any real significant population until about the 1920's. Less people means little to find.

I would be thrilled to dig 3 bucks a day in clad!!!! that means it would only take me 500 days to get an etrac!!!!!

clad adds up, just think you just found enough ta buy an oz of silver

Yeah, I'm also about $25 in clad but still no silver. I did hit a ring yesterday so I feel better. Just gotta keep on swinging.:yes:

Lately I have been Clad the Impaler......every time I go out, I find a few dollars in clad. Various depths too....0"-6" deep.

I run full gain and no notch.......but silver coins have been elusive to say the least. I would think I would find at least a Mercury dime or a silver Washington laying around.

I bet my clad count for the year so far is $30. The parks I hunt are old, and due to the clad being at various depths, I wouldn't think it's just from other people hunting them out.

This week is the first time I've seen any evidence of other MD'rs around town.

Is it just me or is this normal?

In about $45 worth of clad I have found a Mercury dime @ 7", a Washington qtr @ 2" and a Canadian Voyager dollar @ 4".

I'm having fun, but running out of unswung territory! I guess I need to start looking for private property to hit.

I keep reading about people in FL finding Canadian dollars...must be all of those snowbirds dropping change! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom