• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Beach hunt questions

Robm1093

Will I find moor gold on the beach if I ignore clad signals. And only dig the gold numbers? I'm starting to feel like I should just be digging gold numbers and digging a lot of trash forget the clad

Will I find moor gold on the beach if I ignore clad signals. And only dig the gold numbers? I'm starting to feel like I should just be digging gold numbers and digging a lot of trash forget the clad

I don't pass up quarters and dimes. Those add up, however if you're digging significant amounts of clad it can cut into your time looking for gold. Digging trash is part of the game when looking for gold on the beach. If you keep digging you will eventually find gold. However there's usually more silver rings than gold so I wouldn't pass up those tones. Silver jewelry makes for a good day as well.

What detector do you swing ?

You'll probably find more in the water if you have the correct machine.

I use Excals.

I don't pass up quarters and dimes. Those add up, however if you're digging significant amounts of clad it can cut into your time looking for gold. Digging trash is part of the game when looking for gold on the beach. If you keep digging you will eventually find gold. However there's usually more silver rings than gold so I wouldn't pass up those tones. Silver jewelry makes for a good day as well.

What detector do you swing ?
Equinox 600

Heres my gold tips for locations.
Tot lot..dig all signals above iron up to but under penny.
Saltwater beach ..Dig all signals
Grass...I concentrate on nickel signals with AT Pro but need to try vdi 70/71.

Heres my gold tips for locations.
Tot lot..dig all signals above iron up to but under penny.
Saltwater beach ..Dig all signals
Grass...I concentrate on nickel signals with AT Pro but need to try vdi 70/71.

In tot lots, I even check out the foil signals. I've HEARD some small gold comes in the foil range. Most of the time it just take a swipe of my foot to investigate.

At the beach I dig all targets that my machine does not discriminate out as being iron and or steel. I am usually quite surprised and pleased when a lousy sounding target turns out to be gold. With gold bein an alloy you will get a wide range of different tones/numbers.

The problem with just digging gold numbers is sometimes 10k rings will ring up the upper clad range depending on how much copper they added to the gold..

My detector doesn't have a screen so I don't have to waste my time looking at one..

Back
Top Bottom