Just bought a new digging tool....

Dirt clown

Forum Supporter
Model 31 (C) - Raptor. Anyone use this? I think it will help my arm. I use the standard Lesche now and love it but my DR says it's not good for my bad arm. So I showed him a pic of this and said that looks like the angle I need but wants to see it when it arrives.
31C_2048x2048.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I think it will take a ton of stress off my arm when I dig because I wont have to dig straight down and put all that force on my elbow.

The raptor 31 is a fantastic digging tool that removes the dirt very nice.I love mine. However, if you're having medical issues from straining , I would certainly use the Lesche Sampson T handle shovel in either 18 inch or 31 inch to digging of the initial plug by using your foot and body weight to dig. JMHO

The raptor 31 is a fantastic digging tool that removes the dirt very nice.I love mine. However, if you're having medical issues from straining , I would certainly use the Lesche Sampson T handle shovel in either 18 inch or 31 inch to digging of the initial plug by using your foot and body weight to dig. JMHO

That's exactly what I did (shoulders).

Model 31 (C) - Raptor. Anyone use this? I think it will help my arm. I use the standard Lesche now and love it but my DR says it's not good for my bad arm. So I showed him a pic of this and said that looks like the angle I need but wants to see it when it arrives.
View attachment 329528
You bet! Check out my dirt digs on youtube to see it in action. Sharpen it up and remove the paint and wax the steel.

Very cool vids Khouse. Love the mushroom vids too. Sorry about the quarter, I did that to a 1907 quarter with AU details and made me sick. Can't wait to get the new digger and hope it helps my arm.

Fantastic Tool

I too have one of those. It is a great digger. Honestly when i first looked at it, I thought, no way in hell will this thing dig a good hole. But it does and it is strong. I have no idea how you could bend the darn thing.

I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I have and the rest of the owners.

Only problem I see with those is... how do they deal with cutting through roots and such without any serrations. That and rocky soils... Looks cool, doubt it would work in places I detect though, unfortunately.

Congrats on your bad dad digger!:yes:

Just bought a Raptor myself, should be here Saturday:yes: Been using a Fiskars digger which was adequate but I was offered a great deal on the Raptor that I couldn't pass up.

Yes I have two I brought the first and like it so much I got another. First thing I did was put a razor edge on it, it cuts like butter. It more like a little shovel compare to the other styles of digging tools. You're going to love it. Congrats

Only problem I see with those is... how do they deal with cutting through roots and such without any serrations. That and rocky soils... Looks cool, doubt it would work in places I detect though, unfortunately.

Congrats on your bad dad digger!:yes:
The Raptor as with all your diggers need to be razor sharp. I carry a file in my truck to sweeten the edge when needed. Also I removed the paint off of the blade which helped in slipping in the ground. It has no issues with roots. However it doesn't do well in very rocky soil like in the Ozarks. There a knife works better. It's good to have both.

Back
Top Bottom