• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another Tot-lot Adventure

billiard rich

Forum Supporter
09062010.jpg

Man! Those chips were FILTHY! I found at least 3 pieces of heavy-duty can-slaw for every coin that I found. I spent way too much time there.

When I was done, I went to a much smaller tot-lot about 200 feet to the left. It was just as filthy. It took me until 8:45 to clean them both out. Wound-up with about $2.00 for all that work.

Then I noticed this big old tree. I was already tired, but I couldn't resist. I started working my way around the trunk. I found a few coins on my first pass. Then I moved out a couple of feet and I went around again. I kept on finding coins. By 10:15 I had worked my way to the tree to the right of it. Then, suddenly, I heard shouting. I looked up and noticed that 2 of the 4 baseball diamonds were infested with little baseball players. The players at the one closest to me were being told to forget about me and pay attention.

No doubt about it, I'm a bad influence. I'm evil. And I recently learned that I'm mean too. (Just ask Craig, he'll tell ya.)

09062011.jpg

So I went home and laundered my loot as good as I could. Found 76 coins; 12 quarters, 11 dimes, 6 nickels, and 47 pennies.

09062012.jpg

$4.87! Oh boy! Yesterday, Les from Nova Scotia found about the same number of coins but his added up to $22 and change. Them north-siders got the good coins.

But he didn't find one of these:

09062013.jpg

Better not let my mom see it. She'll want to go there and buy a new one.

And I found a wheatie!

09062014.jpg

That's number 4 or 5 for this year. Still haven't found any silver coins. (Aint found no oxknobs either!)

Time for a snooze.

HH

Rich

Looks like the Chapel is infringing on Precious Moments, haha... unless of course that's where all that stuff comes from :?:

Nice goin' on the digs!

Well no wonder -

the people think you are evil - you launder money :)
I dug 1 wheat today - same date as yours. Good job on cleaning the lots out - next time it will be easier. Steve in so az

I dug a 1942 wheatie today. My first one in a long time.

Nice amount of clad.

I'm pretty much out of tot lots to dig around here.

I had some guy hang out his window and yell at me that i wasn't going to find anything... I should have given him the one finger salute...

Nice finds... and what is an 'Oxknob'???? RickO

Back in the old days - before there were cars - some people used ox's. Some of those people would screw knobs onto the horns of their ox. It made it easier to find their ox's in the parking lot.

BTW, what kind of camera are you using to the Great close up shots? Thanks......... Jan

I use a Fuji S7000 with a cable relase on the shutter. I have an old enlarger stand that I hook the camera to. Today's shots aren't so good. I was too tired to care.

You ARE a bad influence!!!! After reading the story and looking at the pics, I wanta kick my dog and go metal detecting!!!!

Nice hunt.

It's so easy to get lost in the hunt and not notice the world around. It's just as jarring when that world abruptly intrudes on the hunt.

A lot of work but looks like a nice little haul.

beautiful place with that morning mist.

i miss the morning fog. we don't have it in the desert valleys.

keep up the good work!

Wtg Rich.

My chops are wet looking at that tot lot.

It still is hiding goodies.

I can smell them,

You're probably right. (If anyone would know - you would.) OK, I'll sneak back there next weekend and turn-up the sensitivity and scan them again. I should be able to cover them quicker this time. And I really can't wait to go back and hit more of those trees.

HH

Rich

Back
Top Bottom