New digger has arrived!

IASearchSquad

I've been using my Sawtooth Gator for a month and it really has been working quite well after a few mods. But with all of the talk about a Lesche and my constant need for having the best I decided I needed to try out another digger to see if I was missing out. Well a long story short, I got with the good folks at Kellyco(metdetdvl) and now I am the proud owner of a Razor Edge Gator.

As you can see by the picture, she is brand new and ready for action. I'm hoping that tomorrow is the day to break her in and I will report back with my reviews of the digger. I'm anxious to have a plate to push on with this digger and reduce some stress on my hands.

One last look before the first battle wounds arrive.

Digger.JPG

IASS

i had the razor edge digger a couple years ago.........i gave mine away when i got my lesche

Seeing the lesche come down in price online now its worth its price...ive never had problems with mine and i use it to prod out the rocks in the soil...it lifts out the cans well too which with a 4" flap isnt always easy

one advantage i'll say the gator has over the lesche is the gator has a nicer V in the blade for scooping out dirt, but the lesche cut a cleaner plug

Well the initial test run did not impress due to the lack of edge on the blade. Taking it to the bench grinder and will report back after that.

I honed the edge of my sawtooth gator on the bench grinder and it cuts like it's going through butter now. As with most things in this world, I have to tweek them to meet my standards.

Reports to follow.

Dave
IASS

Careful sharpening the edges as it could become a safety hazzard to you. Hate to see you lose a finger..... or an eye! LOL!

Mine snapped in half the first day out with it, good thing I had a REAL digger with me (Lesche). Looked at the broken parts and looked like it was made out of pot metal. Doesn't even feel like quality.

Back
Top Bottom