AT Pro wireless adapter... only getting sound in one ear

Dougmeister

Elite Member
I bought a pair of TDK WR700's, an AT Pro headphone adapter, and this inline volume control:

but I'm only getting sound from one side of the headphones.

I tested three different 1/4" to 1/8" adapters on my Tivo... there I get sound from both sides of the WR700's, so I know the setup is good.

What am I missing here?

Here is a link to the thread where we figured out I needed the inline volume control to make the AT Pro shut up when the adapter + headphones were plugged in.

Is your adapter going into the ATP pushed in tight?
Should be metal against metal before you tighten the ring.

When this quoted below was happening were you getting sound from both sides of the headphones even though you were also still getting sound from the speakers ?

"
So I attach the WR700 adapter, then the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter (or whatever size it is), then the WR700 dongle. I put the headphones on and I hear the sounds, but they're ALSO coming from the metal detector?!"

If so then test your online volume control with something else to make sure it works properly.

MUCH better now that I don't feel like I'm going deaf in one ear ;-)

I like it. A little worried about how many batteries it's going to use, and I still haven't found a good way to attach the extra cables, etc. to the AT Pro.

The TDK WR700's batteries last like an energizer bunny! I hunt many, hunts before I replace the batteries and then I've never had a set go dead during a hunt either!
Of course I'm using rechargeable Ni-MH aaa's also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 96
MUCH better now that I don't feel like I'm going deaf in one ear ;-)

I like it. A little worried about how many batteries it's going to use, and I still haven't found a good way to attach the extra cables, etc. to the AT Pro.

Here is a picture of my ATPro with the Garrett adapter, a 1/4 to 1/8 stereo adapter a Radio Shack 8" in line volume control, and the TDK TH-WR700 wireless adabter. The last 2 parts are held on to the ATPro box with velcro and the first part is attached to the control box with the clip that came with the garrett adapter screwed to the control box mounting screw. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• My_ATPro.jpeg
    My_ATPro.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom