Price Matching, Sales

WV Scuba Joe

Hello,

I keep reading about these prices, Some high, some low, the fact is business. Lets change the object being bought. All of these stores are in business so are doing something right.

Lets look at Shop A, B, C.

Shop A, has everything under the sun, premium wide selection but price is $$$$ because they offer a greater selecion.

Shop, B has a much smaller selection but at times what you want. The price may be better, but this is because the holding costs are diminshed when compared to A.

Shop C, has very little overhead because selection is limited to the best sellers, but because of this they are able to keep the price down. For most companies one way to do this is to exst pretty much purely online.

What shop is better? It really is personal preference, do you want better product selection and personal sales, well because as a consmer you demand more effort form the company you are usually going to have to pay more. If you are low maintenance, know what you want and have done your own research you will get the best price using comany C (provided they carry the model you have decided upon).
This answer to the above question also depends on what the company is competing on. Some choose to make a small profit on each model sold in hopes of selling a larger quantity (ex. Wal-mart), while others compete on quality, knowing at least some of today's consumers are willing to pay more for better quality product (ex. Sony or Apple). Others try to find a niche in the middle of the road, either way it seems these companies are still in business because people like you and I are purching from them so they must be doing something right.

I have bought from all 3 but my last purchase, I knew what I wanted I went to C, and got the best price, I had to wait a week to get it but at the time that was ok.

Please lets stop comparing businesses ABC. They are all doing us a favor in being in business if there was only 1, well we don't even want to think what monopoy markets would do to prices...

We are all adults and the great thing about America is choice... lets not forget that we have a choice. Store, online, etc..

My 2 cents.. sorry.. been readling a lot of these types of posts...

Scuba Joe

Back
Top Bottom