First day out with the Vaquero!

DigDog

Elite Member
The first day with the new Vaquero I went to the local fairgrounds. This is that days finds by detecting around the front of the french fry and the soda / burger stands. The majority of the coins were 3 to 4" down with a few in the one inch range. Also around two of the large trees I found two of the quarters, about 3" down. Not to mention the trash. The pointed rock is a hot one, when I got home I checked it with a large magnet and I was able to pick it up the magnet. It is not heavy, as I would think iron ore would be, but looking closely there small dark shiny flecks of material embedded in it which are apparently ferrous. All in all a fun day. :D Going back later the next week to the same area I came up the more finds including a table cloth clamp and a large hunk of lead along with more clad coins. About $5.57 in clad coins, no silver or wheaties.:(
I got curious and went on line and came across photo's of the last year's fair and now have some good areas in mind to check out based on where they show most of the mobile vendor stands were located and where the people were sitting to watch the various events. I'll let you know what comes up!
HH.... DigDog

Attachments

• 000_0928.jpg
    000_0928.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 246
  • First day  w:vaquero.jpg
    First day w:vaquero.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 238
Great start:D
I like the ground balance feature. Mine is a little negative but no adjustment. I would like to run it hot in some area`s.

Good Luck Out There.

Back
Top Bottom