My first ring! (UPDATE) 10K Gold

LordOfTheZincs

Elite Member
Got this a few weeks ago on the beach. On the surface after getting a hit and finding a copper ring of some sort. very cheap. anyways this was about 3" away. not sure of gold content or stones or anything yet. kinda stuck it in the booty jar and admired it til i decided i had to start researching this. no markings on it at all that i see. It is eye popping though! VERY SHINY especially out in the sun. :shock:

Attachments

• 100_2655.jpg
    100_2655.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,075
  • 100_2656.jpg
    100_2656.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,045
  • 100_2659.jpg
    100_2659.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 100_2660.jpg
    100_2660.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 100_2662.jpg
    100_2662.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,052
That looks like it belonged to a Princess! Most INTERESTING I'd have to say, ring I've seen so far - would like to hear more about it if you find out more :kingdances:

That ring is

Ahh different. Sets me to wondering what the designer was on when that thought ran through his head. One nice find though..

Finally found our new local jeweler and he says it's costume jewelery. Not gonna say I dont believe him but he didn't even look at it with a loop. waiting for an acid test kit. He said the small stones have foil under them to make them shine. Would it be possible to have real gold and fake stones? I think I need to take a class in this subject or something LOL

Finally found our new local jeweler and he says it's costume jewelery. Not gonna say I dont believe him but he didn't even look at it with a loop. waiting for an acid test kit. He said the small stones have foil under them to make them shine. Would it be possible to have real gold and fake stones? I think I need to take a class in this subject or something LOL

Yes its VERY possible to have real gold and fake stones. Also VERY possible that he is right and knows his stuff. Good luck

Got my test kit today finally. 10K gold, not sure about stones but I'm sure the guy was right about them. my first silver ring was the same weekend and i thought it was fake too but it looks like .800 silver :D and a 3 piece puzzle ring i found the following weekend tested to .925 then I saw the .925 mark in it after having it for a month :roll:

Back
Top Bottom