ace 250 advice

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Just recently upgraded to an ace 250 and am having difficultywith deep targets. Now when iget a dime signal at 4 inches its pretty accurate. But any deep finds i have arent a consistent tone...which makes me feel its trash. Will a silver dime at 8+ inches sound off as a straight dime or jump around signals? Where Im hunting theres alot of trash also. Any advice secrets or tips would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Just recently upgraded to an ace 250 and am having difficultywith deep targets. Now when iget a dime signal at 4 inches its pretty accurate. But any deep finds i have arent a consistent tone...which makes me feel its trash. Will a silver dime at 8+ inches sound off as a straight dime or jump around signals? Where Im hunting theres alot of trash also. Any advice secrets or tips would be greatly appreciated thank you!

I use mine in coin mode factory setting and sensitivity in factory setting. What I would suggest is that you try this and dig all solid signals. Look at your screen and see what it is telling you before you dig but dig it regardless. This will let you compare what you dug to what the screen is telling you. If you want to go by the screen to decide if you should dig or not that is fine but try this way first.

The best advice I can give you is to select coin mode put some coins on top of your ground and see what they sound like. Take the same coins and put in dirt 4 inches deep, then 8 inches deep and see what all this sounds like. Rememer this, the ACE 250 is a good metal dector. Yes, my machine jumps around some. You learn to understand the sounds. I dig most targets. The way I look at it is digging the junk clears the path to the good stuff.

Best of Luck to you

The Ace 250 does jump around on deep targets, but with a good ear that learns the sounds of the targets you will soon learn what the Ace 250 is telling you. Many mixed signals are simply 2 targets on top of or very close to each other. It just takes time, patience, and practice.

I set mine to all metal and just dig everything except iron. Have you tried digging up any of those deep non-consistent signals? I've gotten old pulltabs digging what I'm imaging the sounds are like.

Thanks for your input everyone. I run the machine also on coin mode and at factory settings and for the most part i try to dig all signals..i find that bottle caps sometimes come up as quarters or 50 cent pieces at 8" . Im digging a park in worcester ma and sinnve the upgrade ive found an 1902 Indian head penny and a necklace charm with a monagram of a woman on it. Deffinately 1800's . So its deffinately not dried up...no silver yet though but its gotta be there. I found a 14kt gf ring out there also. Im more of a coinshooter and ive yet to pull anything 1800's yet. I keep trying to pull as much junk out of there as possible. Thanks again guys any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Garrets just jump around on deep signals, its easy to hit a quarter at 8 inches on that machine. Few tips would be listen to consistent tones about 2 to 3 dings solid it will jump to iron a lot aswell. Also dig deep signals that seem to have more dings on one side more than the other.Example would be you barely hit swinging from left to right but from right to left you almost always get a hit. Another tip would be to change your sensitivity constantly high trash i would use about 3 to 4 bars notched out, but also i have had luck with another method. What you do is run an area on 4 bars then rerun maybe another day in the same spot on 5 bars, 6 bars,etc. This method will find you more coins in spots you have found some before. Garrets have a big learning curve but i have easily out done very expensive machines, just trust your garret, dont get lazy and dig anything that rings consistently a few times even if it goes to the dreaded iron. Any questions just pm me. GL and HH

Would you guys suggest another upgrade? To the 350 or at pro? Eithere way Im going stick with the 250 for awile ...Im going to try reducing sensitivity some and dig just about everything. I noticed that sometimes a bottlecap at 2 " rings up as a quarter or 50 cent piece at 6-8". Its deffinately much better than the bounty hunter 4 i was using previously. Thanks again!!

I agree go with the at pro for an upgrade, the 350 only has an inch of the 250 and more discrim

I have the 250 and have been using the 9x12 concentric coil for a few years. Depth is a matter of conditions and target parameters. Also, the concentric coils have a different field pattern. Take your time and be thorough. I have found a lot of clad and silver with mine by digging hard to repeat signals, faint signals and odd tones that showed as something else besides a coin. The 250 is a good machine and I just bought the 8.8x11 DD coil and cant wait to try it. I also bought an AT Pro. I dont feel under gunned with my 250 at all but if you are upgrading get the AT Pro.

Put the 8.5 x 11 DD coil on it and don't look back. If a quarter signal bounces between quarter and penny, it's usually a bottlecap.

Back
Top Bottom