• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Pick My 3rd Detector!

ZeroSum

So I have an AT Pro and a Tesoro Tiger Shark. Love them both!

This year I'd like to use some clad to buy something new. No specific needs or wants. Just a new solid detector. I've already got fresh water pretty well covered though.

So what should be my 3rd metal detector and why?

That's a tough one. There are so many new machines coming out it would probably be wise to sit back and watch for a while to see what piques your interest.

Whites M6, Because I use one. :laughing:

Seriously, I use the M6 more than my MXT.

Its simple to use, light, pinpointing is a breeze, (I dont use a pinpointer) and has no problem

locating coins deep.

Probably should wait until late spring when all these new detectors come out and are tested....that's my plan.

Whites M6, Because I use one. :laughing:

Seriously, I use the M6 more than my MXT.

Its simple to use, light, pinpointing is a breeze, (I dont use a pinpointer) and has no problem

locating coins deep.

X2. I own two M6 units, for a reason 😊

I'm with these guys. I hated selling my MX Sport, but the M6 leaving was actually upsetting. Great machine Whites put out there!

Save some money and get a Tesoro compadre or spend a little more and get a Mojave. Both for the fun and simplicity factor!

Looking at the M6 it looks like a good all around machine. Thats top of the list for now.

Still considering though.

Looking at the M6 it looks like a good all around machine. Thats top of the list for now.

May I suggest the Fisher Patriot?...Something to consider....You see, I have an AtPro and an F70 (Patriot), been running this team for several years now.......They both use the same AA's...Heres the deal, when the Pro says its 'done' with them, I simply pop those same batts into my F70 and get easily another 12+hrs of hunting out of them! Fresh batts go into the Pro, the half deads go into the 70...The 70 will run on fumes, fast and accurate, so thats all free money....

They are one powerful team! They both sling off so much money each season, its ridiculous! Each have their own unique strengths..I switch back and forth from one to the other seamlessly during the course of a day depending on the circumstances...Brothers of different Mothers....Consider this match up...They sure have made me mint...

Attachments

• gear1.jpg
    gear1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 275
New machine, Equinox 600 , or 800, they are being shipped now, Earl
I have the AT PRO and saw some videos on the Equinox 800 in iron that was pretty ridiculous and peeked my attention. I am going to watch closely and a member here who also does YouTube videos told me he would do an unbiased review on one when he gets his hands on one. Interesting machine.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

X2. There's a reason I started a thread looking to buy a used one to keep me from buying a brand new one. I liked my ATP. I liked my MX Sport more. I Loved my M6. There's something just so right about the sounds it makes...:yes:

I'd make one suggestion to anyone looking to buy a new machine - try a new coil on what you have first, or at least at the same time. I have an MXT that I was rather unimpressed by, although I'd been using it for some years. I bought a Deus but about the time it got here I found a great deal on a 6" coil for the MXT. I've used it in an old baseball park grouping (4 parks dating back to the 1940s on an entire city block) that has been worked well for years by me and every other detector owner - and his dog, but is carpeted with pull tabs. I used the White's 5.3 (6") coil out there for maybe 3 hours and found a bunch of clad quarters and dimes, a Madison dollar coin, and two silver dimes - and I have a LOT of that block left to carefully search! Finding silver out there is a miracle. The new coil allows me to get up a lot closer to the chain link fences (where I found the dollar), and is great teasing coins out of the pull tabs. I'll learn the Deus, but I already know the MXT, and this new coil is like having a new machine! Give it a shot.

A good choice would be a Tesoro Vaquero or a Tejon. If a detector with display is what you like the Technetics T2 is a wonderful machine for the money.

You could try one of those fancy LRD's that will detect gold 50 yards off in a field while driving by at 60 mph, if those are out of the price range go for the divining rods or pendulum. :lol:

So I have an AT Pro and a Tesoro Tiger Shark. Love them both!

This year I'd like to use some clad to buy something new. No specific needs or wants. Just a new solid detector. I've already got fresh water pretty well covered though.

So what should be my 3rd metal detector and why?

What’s your hunting style, price range, and most sought after targets? You will get multiple answers from people but unless we know a few things your just gonna get suggestions on what worked for them. Their hunting style, price range, and targets they are trying to find may be completely different from yours though.
I could say ctx but I don’t know if that’s in your price range or if you are after deep masked coins either.

Back
Top Bottom