New detector purchase

Slownlow

Getting back into the hobby after a few years off and looking to get a new detector. I mostly hunt old homesteads and wooded areas. I would love some advice on a great machine for these applications. Budget is under 850 or so.

My two cents. For wooded areas a lighter machine makes a lot of sense as it is harder to swing in those. I know Minelab and makro have those new machines coming out but I cannot comment on those. I have a T2 Ltd. that I use to hunt fields and I love it. Light and deep. There is a new T2+ that has come out which is the original T2 will boost mode. It is going for around $549 and that includes a new pinpointer. I love my T2.
Teknetics has other models available that would serve you well. That Garrett AT Pro is a good machine but heavier and not as balanced as the T2.
I would recommend looking at a few videos for comparison.
I primarily swing my E-Trac, and you could find a used one in your price range but it a heavier machine. It would be good at old homesteads but tough to swing in the woods.
There you go.

mx sport, at max, mxt pro, equinox, kruzer, etraC
Just a few to look into. I own the sport and have been pleased.

mx sport, at max, mxt pro, equinox, kruzer, etraC
Just a few to look into. I own the sport and have been pleased.

The 3 I had in mind were the AT Max, MX Sport and f75. Do you have any experience with AT Max or F75?

I was waiting on a few reviewers to go over some of the new machines out. Having online updates is a huge plus. No more having to send in a machine when a firmware update could fix an issue.

I chose the Makro Kruzer. Keith Southern said this is the lighter Impact that we've been waiting on AND the price makes it more than appealing!

Getting back into the hobby after a few years off and looking to get a new detector. I mostly hunt old homesteads and wooded areas. I would love some advice on a great machine for these applications. Budget is under 850 or so.

I watched a You Tube video on the Equinox 800 and it air tested 13.5" on a dime using 15 kHz ($899). I'm thinking the Equinox 600 at $649 could do the same. They are supposed to ID more accurately at depth (in the ground). I hope to hear next of depths & ID accuracy in test garden, as well us any coins found deep in actual hunting and settings, ID accuracy, etc. The recovery speed I read/saw seemed amazing, so I'd expect it to do good in iron/trash.

Just curious. You are in Michigan and not thinking about hunting water? Or is that why you are thinking two different waterproof machines?

Not really a big water hunting. I'll probably hit some creeks but not really interested in beach hunting/lake hunting

Keith Southern has just written up a Review on the Teknetics T2+ and it looks to be right up there with the type of hunting you require - Solid units with superb support & a full 5 year warranty - Hard to beat

Just my two cents, EQUINOX 800, waterproof, multi frequency and I am hearing GREAT REVIEWS from my customers.
Please contact me if you have any questions or need pricing on any machine.
Jerry
Antiques Detectors
620 856 5190

As much as I didn't like it at first, I have really gotten to like my Teknetics Gamma. I like it so much I wish I bought the Omega for more features.

Its super light and fast. Takes a single 9V battery and it's easy to use.

The only CON with the Equinox 800 that I see is that I can’t find one anywhere :dash2:

Back
Top Bottom