Complete colonial shoe buckle & knee buckle frame

HEAVYMETALNUT

Forum Supporter
Todd & me got out to 2 new cellar holes,it was a Hot & Humid one today! the mosquito's were on a feeding frenzy we had at least 20 on us biting at all times,I think we both lost a pint of blood today.never seen em this bad before.at 2 pm we said screw this,couldn't even concentrate they were that bad.we never quit this easily and today they won
so,remember last week i got turned around? well old i never get turned around Todd got turned around i can here him screamin way in the distance...DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where are you!
we both did pretty good though despite a half day.
a few buttons,one being a tombac.a couple knox obs :laughing:
a odd knee buckle frame with the pin set on a diagonal pattern(never seen this before)
and a pretty nice complete colonial shoe buckle.
stay cool out there people and remember off and repel don't work in these northeast woods trust that.i'm callin them again to break stones! deep woods off my bleep!

Attachments

• 101_3615.jpg
    101_3615.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,191
  • 101_3616.jpg
    101_3616.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 998
  • 101_3618.jpg
    101_3618.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 101_3619.jpg
    101_3619.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 101_3613.jpg
    101_3613.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 101_3628.JPG
    101_3628.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 803
  • 101_3624.JPG
    101_3624.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,005
  • 101_3622.JPG
    101_3622.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 771
  • 101_3621.JPG
    101_3621.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 867
  • 101_3620.JPG
    101_3620.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 950
  • 101_3625.jpg
    101_3625.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,109
The mosquitos are the worst I've EVER seen them.I Walk with my headfones on even when I'm not detecting,just so they can't buzz my ears:lol:Really Nice buckles!!!:cool:

Congrats Dave on the Sweet Buckle and all the other finds. Nothing worse than getting spun around in the woods, been there many times. Thats when the Heart Starts Pumpin!! Best Of Luck on your next Hunt. steve

yeah man they were just brutal today :no:

Glad i'm not the only one that quit early. I've never been bitten so many times in my life. Even with half a can of OFF, it didn't matter. Worst i've ever experienced. Cut TWO hunts short today b/c of it :(

Solid finds today though, Dave.

OH MAN your not kidding Dave. the Skeets are the worst ever. Great Buckle but i'll take the baking hot sun in the middle of a hay field this time of the year. I tried hitting a couple woods holes this morning but it didn't last long. Hay I got a knee buckle too.

Glad i'm not the only one that quit early. I've never been bitten so many times in my life. Even with half a can of OFF, it didn't matter. Worst i've ever experienced. Cut TWO hunts short today b/c of it :(

Solid finds today though, Dave.

yep same scenario for us.BRUTAL is the only word to describe them today:mad:

OH MAN your not kidding Dave. the Skeets are the worst ever. Great Buckle but i'll take the baking hot sun in the middle of a hay field this time of the year. I tried hitting a couple woods holes this morning but it didn't last long. Hay I got a knee buckle too.
yeah i agree! ya gonna post the knee buckle?

thanks scott! were you out today? if so,bad there too?

No mosquitoes here today.........I was in my beer cooler most of the day stocking up for the 4th. I only still get out Sunday AM and Mondays (although my time Mondays has been cut due to day care drop offs and dental appointments) Good thing is we switched day cares so now on Mondays my wife will drop the kids and I can start my day detecting at 5am and not have to wait till 8 anymore.

For all that pain at least you had some gain! Fine looking bunch of finds! I love the craftsmanship on that buckle! :D
BTW...
I found something similar to that smaller buckle of yours and didn't realize that it might be much of anything. Here is a picture of it for comparison. It needs to be cleaned up a bit. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMGP0423.jpg
    IMGP0423.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 838
Last edited:
Nice finds Dave. Love that shoe buckle! I was hunting in the woods yesterday afternoon too (in MA) and yes the mosquitoes were really bad. Interesting tip about the B1. I can tell you that I always wear a long sleeved T shirt in the summer and sometimes even a bandana around my neck. I would rather sweat my balls off for 8 hours than give them any more skin to target. Of course I also douse myself in repellent but I agree that stuff is a rip off.

For all that pain at least you had some gain! Fine looking bunch of finds! I love the craftsmanship on that buckle! :D
BTW...
I found something similar to that smaller buckle of yours and didn't realize that it might be much of anything. Here is a picture of it for comparison. It needs to be cleaned up a bit. Any ideas?
thanks and yeah you have a broken 1870's or so suspender buckle

Back
Top Bottom