A few hours in the park(s)...

Nick A

First park = 2 wheats and a 1943 dime.

Second park = 1930 wheat and a nice little pocket spill with three coins that have been together in the hole a long time... 1903 dime, 1890 indian head cent, 1904 nickel.

The three coins were tightly sandwiched together and came up as 11-31 on the E-Trac. I was expecting an indian, so the 15 cents extra were a bonus.

Not much clad or other junk. It was good to get out, been at least 7-8 days since I was out last! Feels like longer.

Attachments

• 081309a.jpg
    081309a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 308
  • 081309b.jpg
    081309b.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 331
What an amazing find! I always look for the tell-tale green smudge on coins when I dig them up. Something about being in contact with another coin for a long time causes a chemical reaction and staining.

Don't you just love diggn' those old coins :yes:? It's even better when you dig a old spill :D Congrats
P.S. Last weekend I also dug a old spill 1910 barber dime and 1899 V nick:D

How cool is that to find three old coins together like that?! They must have been keeping one another company all these years!!

I would have been thrilled with a hunt like that! Congratulations, and well done!

:cool:

Congrats on the great coin spill! They are always really fun to find especially the older ones like that.

Back
Top Bottom