No Tresspassing

New Kid

I went to an elementary school and thesign on the playground said no Tresspassing. Underneath it it said "you will be arrested of you are using this in anyway other than intendened" this is a public school can they really say no Tresspassing when tax payer money funds it?

Yep, "they" can :D. Schools in my area are ok to detect per school district security, but some are marked "No Trespassing", so I don't go on those.

Or you could just detect there and if you see someone coming over to you, you could just climb the monkey bars or hop on a swing and yell, "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" until the other person leaves. :laughing: Chances are they won't hang around too long! :heartylaugh:

Or you could just detect there and if you see someone coming over to you, you could just climb the monkey bars or hop on a swing and yell, "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" until the other person leaves. :laughing: Chances are they won't hang around too long! :heartylaugh:

:lol:

No problem detecting on school totalots

I have no problem detecting on many public school properties in my hometown. No body bothered me detecting in totalots except some kids following me and asking me some questions and showing them my finds. I got huge amounts of clad coins from those such places.

Think it kind of depends on the area, most of our schools are fenced off. Sure, your tax dollars pay for the school, also pay to clean up and repair vandalism, replace stolen equipment, and keep the children safe from what party people might leave behind...

I think a lot of the public schools depend on the state that you live in. Here in Pennsylvania, all public schools are safe to hunt as long as school is not in session or there are after school activities ongoing. One of the other exceptions, is if they have an area fenced off for something and it states no trespassing.

Try asking the Principle. Never hurts to ask. You could even tell a little white "lie" Your Nephew/Neice/Cousin lost something??????

I thought the sole purpose of tot lots was to seed the ground with targets? Metal detecting IS the proposed activity! haha

I think a lot of the public schools depend on the state that you live in. Here in Pennsylvania, all public schools are safe to hunt as long as school is not in session or there are after school activities ongoing. One of the other exceptions, is if they have an area fenced off for something and it states no trespassing.

Does depend on the state. Depends on each school district. But yea I have had no problem here in my area of Pa.

No tresspassing signs and rules against metal detecting are usually there for a reason. It could be because of something that happened in the past or increased vandalism. It amazes me that so many people don't think that it applies to them. We had No Tresspassing signs on our farm because people hunting didn't know where nearby houses were or fields that we were working in. I have had too many times bullets hitting in the field where I was plowing. Bullets have also hit our barn. We would put up signs and the next day they were either ripped off or shot full of holes. My father used to allow people to hunt who asked. He finally had to quit because instead of climbing over fences, they would cut them, allowing our livestock to get out. If you see such a sign, see about getting the rules changed. Perhaps things have changed and now they can be.

Yeah I would stay out too, though asking the principal or even the district would be worth doing. If you tell them your intention and would go only after school hours, you might get permission.

I take a plastic bag full of old rustie nails, pull tabs, pieces of cans, any sharpe objects that I find and show them to the principal and explain to them that these are the things I get out of the play areas. Works darn near every time! HH

Some schools are marked no trespassing here also, I am sure due to problems in the past with vandalism. I just move on, not worth it, so many places to hunt. I did chuckle one time though when I saw a sign at a public property that said no trespassing private property, that kind of got me going, I just moved on.

Definitely do not just hunt it anyways...Ask the Principal and take along the trash from your last tot lot hunt...I have pulled needles, bullet fragments, baggies of crack and marajana, screws, nails, and even curtain hooks (dang sickos) from tot lots...Show the Principal these items and state that your presence there deters the drug dealers and users from entering the playground while you are there...Might just change his tune....
My Question is why do druggies have to come to tot lots...is it not much safer to do your drugs at home or not at all???

HH,

No Tresspassing signs simply mean that there's something good in there:D. Just kidding { although I find it to be true } anyway, just ask the principal as someone has mentioned already

Back
Top Bottom