Finally! 1st GOLD for 2015 & Son's Vicky

Chasbolio

Elite Member
Got to chuckle to myself when I think 1st ! :lol: I only average one gold ring a year and got to admit, it's always a good feeling to tick that one off the list for the season.

Went snorkeling for a couple hrs.the past two days and had a bit of a bug to try for gold. I dug more !!!! signals than I care to count. Ended up with a couple of nickels so felt I was at least heading in the right direction. Have been fighting a summer cold/flu.... whatever for the past couple weeks and was almost feeling like I was working. (yuch !) Digging was actually a bit strenuous.

Got to where I was just about finished for the day and decided to try for just a couple more.

This was the result ! :wow:

2015goldring.jpg

While not marked, I feel pretty good that it's the real deal. Possibly pretty old as well. Anybody think different ? Wish the onyx didn't take such a beating, it really would have been something special if less damaged. :(

This find has me feeling much better though, the cold/flu, whatever.... doesn't feel so bad. :lol:

Along with the ring is My son's 1899 Canadian Victoria sterling dime (size reference) that he found on our last land hunt together about a wk.ago. It's been our best coin find in a while and we've both been in a bit of a slump/busy since April. Hopefully things are turning around !

HH All,

C

Looks good from here! Both your ring and your son's old dime! Congrats to you both!

Thanks GroundSweeper,
Appreciate the vote of confidence on the G O L D.
Guess it really
Doesn't matter too much though as we never sell cool finds.
I may at some point get it tested though. Just to be sure.
Thanx again,
C

Oh damn, that's old gold and kick ass too! That thing is quite impressive! I love Cameos. You ever want to sell that one, I'm over melt!

That's one hunk of a piece of gold! Big Congrats!

beephead

Thanks beephead,

Tried to respond last night but cell phone being a pain. Computer easier !

Congrats to you as well on your two recent gold ring finds. Also, who doesn't love home grown tomatoes. Nice gesture ! Hope it leads to many more good hunting sites !

C

Looks legit from here. Congrats!

Thanks crusader234, Hope so !

Real nice! Congrats on the goldy and the son's silver, :yes: sure looks good from here.
Cheers
Doc

Thanks Doc, We don't get a lot of Canadian silver and to get one that old is a bonus !

Congrats! That ring looks old. Any makers mark?

Thanks TommyJay, No marks whatsoever. With the beaten up onyx, I suspect the ring has been in the water for a long time. Maybe someone knows when similar rings were popular. I do think pretty old though.

Oh damn, that's old gold and kick ass too! That thing is quite impressive! I love Cameos. You ever want to sell that one, I'm over melt!

Thanks Swing360, I think old as well. Any idea on age ?
Sorry, ring not for sale. We keep all our old cool finds in our collection.
BTW, congrats on all of your recent silvers. My most recent one was sometime in June. It too was a lake ring. Old as well.

HH All !!!

C

Congrats Chasbolio. GOLD RING!!! Wow!!! You never know... I've been waiting for mine!! I think I am getting closer!!! Congrats again.

being from NH its a long shot but have someone look at the ring or do some research..... Im sorry scrap the research your from NH ((just kidding)) and have someone look at the ring.

seriously:mad:

Canadian History!!!!

Congrats Chasbolio. GOLD RING!!! Wow!!! You never know... I've been waiting for mine!! I think I am getting closer!!! Congrats again.

Thanks G,

Your turn soon. After that recent nickel spill I'm sure it's just a matter of time til one of those tones turns gold. :grin:

C

Looks like gold to me! I like the 1899 coin!

Thanks metaladdict,

My Buddy Gorgar sent me a msg about a local jeweler I may visit to determine a little more about the ring.

I also like the coin as well. It's the 3rd silver "1st" we've gotten this yr.

Thanks again,

C

being from NH its a long shot but have someone look at the ring or do some research..... Im sorry scrap the research your from NH ((just kidding)) and have someone look at the ring.

seriously:mad:

Canadian History!!!!

:?:

Cameo, this style of ring is old and considering the old silver same time period 1800's its worth a heck of a lot more than its weight in gold. This ring style took off during the 1800s and became very popular until the 1900's, I would not clean it, do nothing with it except have a professional you trust take care of it...

I just met someone with a 18th century 24k broach tossed in a junk pile. I told him or her that's the real deal, probable 5-10 k they laughed and tossed in back in the pile..... lol they wouldn't sell it however lol The ring is worth more than scrap value and all I was saying was have it looked at so many people ((myself included)) have found things only later to toss them or sell them for nothing..... dont want that to happen to you....

Cameo, this style of ring is old and considering the old silver same time period 1800's its worth a heck of a lot more than its weight in gold. This ring style took off during the 1800s and became very popular until the 1900's, I would not clean it, do nothing with it except have a professional you trust take care of it...

I just met someone with a 18th century 24k broach tossed in a junk pile. I told him or her that's the real deal, probable 5-10 k they laughed and tossed in back in the pile..... lol they wouldn't sell it however lol The ring is worth more than scrap value and all I was saying was have it looked at so many people ((myself included)) have found things only later to toss them or sell them for nothing..... dont want that to happen to you....

Er.......... Ah........... OK................ Jamie !

Thank You VERY Much !

Back
Top Bottom