awesome make up compact

HannibalNectar

Elite Member
Found this five minutes into a foundation dig today. Unfortunately I think its plated but still very nice.still has the black and pearl on the flowers. Anyone think I should clean It more or just leave it. I will probably wait but I know it would look amazing

Attachments

• 20150706_165355.jpg
    20150706_165355.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 20150706_195454-1.jpg
    20150706_195454-1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 20150706_222510.jpg
    20150706_222510.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 222
Very nice! Congrats on the find and post more pics when you find more.

Not much on Relics but thats a sweet find, like old coins they dont make anything like they used it....nice job

Wow, very nice find! If you decide to clean it some, you might use a special polishing cloth on it very gently and carefully. You can get them online or at most jewelry stores, they make specific ones for both silver and gold. I sure wouldn't use anything very heavy in chemicals or anything at all abrasive. Gosh, that's really nice... :yes:

Wow, very nice find! If you decide to clean it some, you might use a special polishing cloth on it very gently and carefully. You can get them online or at most jewelry stores, they make specific ones for both silver and gold. I sure wouldn't use anything very heavy in chemicals or anything at all abrasive. Gosh, that's really nice... :yes:

Thanks. I sure got excited when it popped out. I really think its plated but ill get it looked at. Im just going to soak it in water first cuz its got a film of like leaf matter slime stuck to it. It was in a wet leafy mud so I ts not really tarnished and after it dried the stuffs flaking off especially on the big flowers u can see it on some and u can see the pearl on others. I am so excited about this one. Its my second favorite find other then my old key to the city

Yes, that's a heck of a find. Ornate for sure. I use a bowl, soapy water and tooth brush only. Sometimes just dry tooth brush period.

But I look at it like this; if I'm keeping it for myself and I'm sure about that I clean/polish with whatever I want. I used mothers polish on a 64 kennedy half I'm keeping cause its my first silver.
Thats me though, most say its foolish so don't take what I do to be correct in any way.

Back
Top Bottom