SE Explorer Pro Issue - suggestions?

ollievon

Elite Member
Hey there, so in the last few weeks of the season for me my upper locking mechanism that secures the upper rod to the CPU started to loosen, so I contacted Fort Bedford Detectors for the part, it's a little rubber brake that had to be replaced within the locking mechanism, and for the most part not very difficult.

So, yesterday I go out to detect and the upper rod starts to wiggle again as if it's not secure, so I unlock push the rod back in, and lock (it seems to have ample pressure), but after a few swings the upper rod becomes unstable once again - this was the issue I was having when the braking piece was worn, so the new one should be snug and secure...I'm at a loss on what to do, and it's making the machine completely unusable...any suggestions out there?

Hey there, so in the last few weeks of the season for me my upper locking mechanism that secures the upper rod to the CPU started to loosen, so I contacted Fort Bedford Detectors for the part, it's a little rubber brake that had to be replaced within the locking mechanism, and for the most part not very difficult.

So, yesterday I go out to detect and the upper rod starts to wiggle again as if it's not secure, so I unlock push the rod back in, and lock (it seems to have ample pressure), but after a few swings the upper rod becomes unstable once again - this was the issue I was having when the braking piece was worn, so the new one should be snug and secure...I'm at a loss on what to do, and it's making the machine completely unusable...any suggestions out there?

Are you sure you put that rubber part in the right way? There is a youtube video showing how to do it,just in case...As fa as I know,that’s the only part of the camlock that can go bad,that red rubber piece

I had the same issue my eTrac. I replaced the rubber friction piece, and after a short time it started to get loose. What I found is there is still about 1/2- 5/8" more to push the stem into the receiver. Once I figured that out all is well. Next time you do this push the stem in till it comes to a stop but then wiggle it to see if it will go any further then lock it down.

Back
Top Bottom