XP Deus question

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I have a Nox 800 since March 2018. There are some things I really like about it and some things I am not sure about. But that is another story.

I am thinking about getting an XP Deus. Looked around and have seen a few used for $675. But one thing I noticed on a few of them there is a pinpointer holder on the upper shaft. My question is why would you want to add weight to your swinging arm? On longer hunts in open areas with the stock coil on my Nox 800 I need to use the Detector Pro harness.

Kind of reminds me of Toby Keith's song with the lyrics - I ain't as good once was, But I'm as good once, as I ever was.

So without the harness in the field I good for an hour, not 2-3 as in my younger days. I have tried swinging with my other arm when my right arm gets tired, but that never seems to work too well.

I have a Nox 800 since March 2018. There are some things I really like about it and some things I am not sure about. But that is another story.

I am thinking about getting an XP Deus. Looked around and have seen a few used for $675. But one thing I noticed on a few of them there is a pinpointer holder on the upper shaft. My question is why would you want to add weight to your swinging arm? On longer hunts in open areas with the stock coil on my Nox 800 I need to use the Detector Pro harness.

Kind of reminds me of Toby Keith's song with the lyrics - I ain't as good once was, But I'm as good once, as I ever was.

So without the harness in the field I good for an hour, not 2-3 as in my younger days. I have tried swinging with my other arm when my right arm gets tired, but that never seems to work too well.

More of a convenience thing for some folks. And maybe they use other heavier detectors. Does feel strange to pick up a Deus after handling one of those tanks for months and months. Like you might whip the detector using same effort a vs heavier detector and snap the rod. Lol

Actually I have one on my Deus and live it you can't even tell it's there and I have XP Mi-6 , it's very convenient , and your talk to someone that hunts 6 days a week , even with my pinpointer my XP is lighter than my NOX!

Clod Hopper !

Lighten up

More of a convenience thing for some folks. And maybe they use other heavier detectors. Does feel strange to pick up a Deus after handling one of those tanks for months and months. Like you might whip the detector using same effort a vs heavier detector and snap the rod. Lol

Weight is always an issue but I've also been bothered by "bulk" and I've tried about every pouch I can think of but what I finally ended up with is what I started with years ago.

A painters apron (2 pocket front pouch) that costs a buck at Home Depot. I don't like things on my sides that interfere with my swings and arm movement so I use the cheapie apron and "The Bomb" sheath to carry my small lesche digger and XP Mi6 pin pointer.

The light weight of the Deus can be better appreciated I think without adding weight to it. Once I've decided on a program I stick the controller in my pocket and go hunting. Yes, audio is king even on the Deus, on occasion I'll check the VDI.

Round about way to respond to your pin pointer question. I like the Deus Mi6 set up to work on auto through the headphones so it and the digger in the sheath is all I carry (shovel too of course). I stick my cell phone in the back pocket (eliminates potential interference with the Deus) and keep weight to a minimum.

I don't hike for miles through the woods to find a spot so I don't need to carry lunch, water, first aid kits or a spare shovel and the like nor do I pick up and carry out spare car parts, John Deere plow parts, or anything else that weighs a lot. A cannonball?...well now I'll pick that up.

This works for me but certainly would not be for everyone, Less bulk and weight suits me though and after a long day in the field it does makes a difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom