• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How To Become A Proficient Coin Shooter, No Matter Which Equipment You Use

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

First of all, find a target with whatever metal detector you use. Swing the coil over it from at least 2 different directions to validate a decent target.

Carefully, and I mean real carefully, find out exactly where that coin is in the hole. Using an electronic pin-pointer saves time and prevents you from scratching that coin. Experienced coin shooters always take their time retrieving the target. Set the coin on the ground, and don't grab it with your bare fingers. Fresh silver from the ground can be permanently stained from the salt in your sweat. Just leave it.......

Next, get your firearm, aim, and squeeze the trigger. It doesn't matter how close your firearm is to the target, make sure your sights are aligned perfectly, then, ever so slowly pull the trigger. "POP!"

The more centered the bullet passes through the coin, the better coin shooter you are. I managed a bulls-eye on this one. It took years pf practice to get this good

I don't know whether to take this thread/post as a joke or not.

Some folks here could maybe try to do, using a pistol.

They shouldn't though.
Why?
Could be a way to blind yourself or kill yourself accidentally of course.

Bullets do strange things when they hit rock, roots, or hard wood, iron etc.
And can come back and hurt you.

I have been hit by richochets (in the legs, non penetrating) of my own making shooting even at distances of 100 ft with rimfire rifle shooting into wood.

So I am speaking from first hand experience here.

They shouldn't though.
Why?

I have been hit by richochets (in the legs, non penetrating) of my own making shooting even at distances of 100 ft with rimfire rifle shooting into wood.

Although you got me laughing at the end, Tnsharpshooter has a point there especially for those who think watching "jackass" videos are fun.

I myself, take it as a joke because I am an avid shooter and would never in my wildest dreams ever do something like that.

They shouldn't though.
Why?

Relax.......seriously, no body is going to shoot a coin at blank range. Give us folks some credibility! We all know coin shooting with regards to metal detecting is not literally SHOOTING coins! :gunbandanna:

Good one John. ;) guess helps to use a twonie.

Attachments

• 220px-Toonie.2012.design.reverse.jpg
    220px-Toonie.2012.design.reverse.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 368
Relax.......seriously, no body is going to shoot a coin at blank range. Give us folks some credibility! We all know coin shooting with regards to metal detecting is not literally SHOOTING coins! :gunbandanna:

I am relaxed.

Some youth read here.
I just don't like to see joking post(s) with pics of guns, with dangerous application involved.

I will let you figure out why.

You've got a good eye John, I keep hitting the edge of the coin? LOL.

:laughing:

If someone actually takes this post literally and tries it, even if it doesn't ricochet and kill 'em its just a matter of time before they off themselves some other way due to lack of common sense.

They shouldn't though.
Why?

If anyone doesn't take this as a joke then it's Darwin kicking in. I eat lead paint chips for super powers. Just sayin

Back
Top Bottom