I dug up someones old buried treasure. Up date, Coin purse!!

towzilla

Elite Member
Got permission today for an old house. Had only found a few wheat pennies in the 20's. Then I got a good signal in the 90's. Pulled out the plug and started finding old coins. Each time I pulled one out I'd check the hole with the pin pointer. After finding 11 coins the hole went dry. I did find curved metal pieces like a rotted lid to something, No glass or other container was found. But all coins were in a hole about the size of a softball at 5-6inches. So thinking they were buried not a pocket spill. Some coins were corroded stuck face to face. SLQ is a 1920. V nickle 1905 1912 dime 1881 IH 1907 IH wheats were 1910-1920.

Attachments

• DSC02034.jpg
    DSC02034.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 767
  • DSC02037.jpg
    DSC02037.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 800
  • DSC02031.jpg
    DSC02031.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Totally awesome cache!
I bet the metal rings were the frame of an old coin purse.
did you save them and can you post a picture?

Great cache/spill! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally awesome cache!
I bet the metal rings were the frame of an old coin purse.
did you save them and can you post a picture?

Good Catch Matmit. That is just what it is a small coin purse. Never even came to my mind {whats left of it} that it was a coin purse.

Attachments

• DSC02037.jpg
    DSC02037.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 674
Congratulations and nice job on the coin purse cash. That will definitely be a story that you can tell for a long time to come.

Nice find! I bet your heart was thumping as you were pulling coin after coin out of the ground! Congrats!

Nice finds. It looks like the coins were in the purse that disintegraded over the years. I had found a similar purse find many years ago, lucky mine was leather and was intact with many silvers inside too. Probably, my one of my favorite finds of all times. Congrats on your great find!

What a fantastic find! I would definitely keep the group of coins together with the purse remnants as a display.

Wow congratulations on a truly unique and seldom found find.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Thats a HUGE score! Wow! Very cool trophy you got there! Nice display too...maybe you should mount that just like in your pictures in a little frame?

Back
Top Bottom