Need knowledge on whites coils...

RedNeckTechin

So today, after finally fixing up all my detecting gear, it got warm enough outside to try and hunt for a few minutes to test it all out. ran into a problem fairly quickly however, my detector is on but not reading anything. test it with my shovel, nothing. Do my normal redneck fix of, jiggle the wires and see what happens. Problem found, the wires are messed up entering the coil and will only work in one position with the use of duct tape.

So my question is this; What do I need to look for in a replacement coil? I understand that most people just hop on the manufacturers website and order a new one, my problem being that 150 bucks is out of my price range at the moment, kinda hoping to find a busted machine with a good coil or someone that just may have something laying around that hasn't been used in awhile.

Any information at all is helpful, I do check on ebay and such but was hoping to get one fairly soon as the girls are getting restless to get me back out to the park every day it's warm enough.

To start with, you need to buy a coil that is made for your machine. What machine do you have?
Coils are expensive. Is this machine still under warranty? If so send it in and whites will replace it.
The after market company NEL makes coils for whites, they are a little less expensive (maybe $25-30). They are made in the Ukraine so availability and warranty may end up being a problem. There are a couple of other aftermarket companies that make coils for whites but they tend to be the higher end models.
Best bet is to save your money and buy the proper coil for you machine directly from a whites dealer. Typically the cost is 10-20 less than the whites list price.
Send a PM to flphil (forum sponsor) and ask for a price!

I'm using the whites prizm 6t.

not really sure how to send a pm but i shall try and figure it out, thank you

You need the 9" spider for a coinmaster/prizim P/N 801-3231

At top of forum click messages under the word welcome. Then on the left side click new message, put in flphil in the recipient and whites coil price in subject then tell him the partnumber etc. and send.

I wouldn't think so. There are not many aftermarket coils for the 8kHz Whites, infact none until just recently when NEL started selling in the US.
Whites only makes the 9" spider and the tiny 4x6 shooter.. so it would need to be a very broken coinmaster/prizim to have an unneeded coil..

The NEL coils work well on the 6T. I have the Sharpshooter and the Hunter. I also have the 9 inch Spider and the 4X6 shooter. I use all four regularly but the NEL coils have been used the most lately. The NEL coils are cheaper and work good. They are also DD coils.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would call whites as well and explain them the situation, I had a eclipse 6x10 dd coil that was acting with my v3i (back when I had it) and called whites and told them that my coil was not working properly and that it wasn't under warranty. Well they sent me a new coil, and not even pretended the old one back. Honestly since the old one worked on my mxt fine I kept both... Anyhow whites has a customer service par to none, and a phone call won't cost you all that much...

I might give them a try to, I know nothing about the warranty but as I got it 3 years ago used I would assume the 2 year warranty is gone lol... Still doing more research on that NEL sharpshooter, have only ever used the spider coil that came on it so not sure what all the differences are yet, anyone else using those NEL ones feel free to chime in with your experience with them please

Back
Top Bottom