• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Depth and sensitivity

Dirtfishingman

I have been playing with some of my settings on the 705. I have a old school and i can run
My machine wide open in the open area. But when i get near the ball field and side walks it goes crazy. Picking up
All kind of signals. So it made it hard to find targets. After reading randys guide. I remembered what he said
About sensitivity being like headlights on a car. So i turned done the sensitivity to 15 and the "ahh haa" moment happend
In a area i could bot get one target ended up with over 18 quarters and a silver ring. I was concerned that turning the sensitivity
Half way i would only find shallow targets but i dug some quarters at 6 or 7 inches... So question is how much depth do u loose with turning
The sensitivity down???

I used these settings
9 inch 3mHz coil
sensitivity 15
Ground tracking
Auto noise cancel
Threshold 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I can tell you that on the BH Platinum default sensitivity is 7 and max is 10. From 7-10 I gain 4-5", but at 10 it gets jumpy.

Sensitivity varies from machine to machine. It normally does not equate with transmit power - sensitivity is a function of receiving the returning signal. Anyhow, my experience is that it doesn't have a huge impact on depth but it can really help reduce EMI interference, but my experience is limited to the detectors that I have owned.

Sensitivity varies from machine to machine. It normally does not equate with transmit power - sensitivity is a function of receiving the returning signal. Anyhow, my experience is that it doesn't have a huge impact on depth but it can really help reduce EMI interference, but my experience is limited to the detectors that I have owned.

Pretty much the same on my machines. Think it controls the gain on the receiver. You run it as high as you can, without distortion, for stability.

they pick up the rebar in the cement ... just turn it down till it calms down .... I swing parallel to sidewalks and helps too ... you run your threshold a little lower than me but I have old ears ...

Back
Top Bottom