Anyone around Norfolk Va or HamptonRoads

01Lightning

Anyone from or around Norfolk Va. I am new to the Hobbie only be Mding for around 3 months. I have only hit local parks and such never been to the beach but i am willing to try. So if there is anyone around this area that wouldnt mind sharing some tips and pointers let me know.

I am in Chesapeake, but I am also very new to the hobby so don’t really have any advice to dole out, but I would love to meet some people as well.

I contacted one of the local clubs here with some questions as to fee's and the benefits of actually joining a club but never got a response.

I have hit up VA Beach a few times found a couple of junk rings and some change, a lot less clad then I thought I would be finding.

I went to Sandbridge this weekend, but I didnt have much luck. 3x copper bulet caseings, small amount of change.

I usually stick to the dry sand since I have yet to get my Fisher F4 to work well in the wet.

One spot I would like to check out further is that new trail they made by closing like 10 miles of the 17 down next to the dismal swamp waterway. I know there are some Civil war trails in that area. I went over there once but it started raining after like 30 mins and all I had pulled was some recent clad and lots of 70’s style pull tabs lol.

If you want to hook up sometime and do the buddy hunting thing im game, just drop me a PM

I know there is a user on these boards that named Night Hawk that does alot of beach hunting in our area, he might be able to provide some advice. Im sure there are others too.

If you see this..

I got email notification with your PM in it, but I can not send you one back because of the database error problem here on the froums.

I am game for Sat (anytime) or Sun morning again.

Give me a call, I cant get to the PM with your phone number in it lol.

Yall. Im not in Norfolk, but my Grandfather picked an area of Portsmouth clean with his Garrett ADS years ago. The Craddock H.S. may be a good spot now. The park near Alwynn road was his fav spot. Im sure its empty except recent clad.
Guys. Go down to the beach and have a beer and a ZEROs sub for me. Twas good times when I was a kid there.

Hey sectshun8, sorry I did not see this sooner, myself, my wife and lightning (Eric) have been hooking up to hunt since late last year, we could always use more company, we are both in Chesapeake, just drop me a PM if you want to get together to hunt sometime.

I'm in Virginia Beach. I would like to meet up with some other people to detect with but I won't be back in town till the end of July.

VA beach area

Hey guys, there is a club that meets in VAbeach called tidewater detectors or something. My name is Russ, live in Murfreesboro NC, about 45m from that area. FOR detecting wait until another severe storm passes and then beachcomb for better chances at swag. I've been digging up tons of crud around this town but have found a choice 1797 spanish 1/4 real coin. WHOA! great condition too. Northern NC has many forgotten colonial sites along the rivers, a mere hours drive from Hampton roads. Good luck, Good stuff. Take care. R.

Nice find Russ, maybe you can turn us on to some Civil War sites in your area, we dont mind driving.

Hey guys, I am in Portsmouth. There is some good relic hunting in Suffolk around the plowed farmland and plenty of clad down at Virginia Beach. This weekend is the East Coast Surfing Championships. Should be good hunting next week after it is over. Fell free to PM me and we can arrange to meet and hunt together. Good Hunting to all.:yes:

ahhhh yeah, ECSC is this weekend... damn... and I'm stuck out on the boat. All you pirates will beat me to the sand!

Hi there,
I am from Gloucester and new to the hobby. I checked with Gloucester County and York County and both counties do not allow the use of medal detectors in any parks or beaches.
Do you know places that allow for sure the use of metal detectors in public places like beach, park?

So far we have been hunting in a private property and we only found a quarter and and gun shells.

Yeah, those counties have history land and don't want us touching it, haha. Just travel a bit, or stick to schoolgrounds.

I live in va beach. is there a club in the area for mding. my wife has also got the itch for mding. i go to lesner bridge and sometimes the base beaches with my kids. if im not working or out to sea i would try to meet up with a few to see what we could find. nows getting to be the time to go after the city takes down the parking meters and then you can park for free at the ocean front

Well I mean, for late night hunts you can park in the lots free i think anyway... but during the day, being a Va Bch resident, its only a dollar, no sweatin' that... odds are you'll pay for parking with your finds!

I live in va beach. is there a club in the area for mding. my wife has also got the itch for mding. i go to lesner bridge and sometimes the base beaches with my kids. if im not working or out to sea i would try to meet up with a few to see what we could find. nows getting to be the time to go after the city takes down the parking meters and then you can park for free at the ocean front

There is a club called Tidewater Coin and Relic Club that used to meet in the Va. Beach Library on VA Beach Blvd. Here is a link to their site.

www.itthc.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbb/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=8658 - 4k -

There's also another group of people from this area that post elsewhere that have put together an annual hunt to a boyscout camp. There last (3rd) outing was in March of this year('08). Google "Pipsico Hunt" to find them.

Thanks for those links guys... probably won't get into it, but I like reading about the local flavor of finds and stuff.

I am a member of that club, very nice bunch of people, the annual spring hunt they put on is awesome, and I would highly recommend it. They have a Fall hunt for members only as well.

Back
Top Bottom