H.F. Tumbler review...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Adequate or POS?

Not worth the suggested 60.00 retail price, use the 20% off coupon code, take advantage of their limited 39.00 sale but don't pay full price for this tumbler. It will need bearing roller guide modification within a week of service. Motor looks good, 5 extra belts, noise is acceptable. But it creeps away from the drive source wearing down the plastic adjustable tab and barrels will grind into the housing eventually. Run it raised on one end or fashion a bearing guide like I seen someone do in this forum.

<----Video

Coins are cleaned in one day, the price vs quality factoring in the flaw is...

7of9-3.jpg

very nice review. i have the single barrel and have had issues with the barrel gettin hung up against the housing,i have found that burbing the barrel helps. i'll be doing some type of mod to mine so i don't have to baby sit the thing. all in all i can't complain and it does do a very good job at cleanin those nasty coins up.

Tumbler/Chicago Dual

i just picked my dual chicago tumbler up,49.99 -52.99 with tax ,they are on sale till the end of the month,and they do give you 5 extra belts,i just went to the store,no shipping charge,so i figure it's about the same bargan,Earl

i just picked my dual chicago tumbler up,49.99 -52.99 with tax ,they are on sale till the end of the month,and they do give you 5 extra belts,i just went to the store,no shipping charge,so i figure it's about the same bargan,Earl

Earl, let me know if yours tends to ride to one side and how you intend to deal with it. Also I notice rubber build up on the rollers from the barrels that is easily removed but may be causing tracking issues. Why do we separate the silver from the copper again?

7of9-9.jpg

(seven of nine) Why do we separate the silver from the copper again? [/QUOTE said:
mixing coppers with dimes/quarter/nickels will turn them a nice orange tint

seperation/coin/cleaning

When your clean coins come out looking like light gold ,thats why you seperate them,it would be nice if you can clean all coins together but you cant,i clean everything seperate now,how about you,it seems like the copper effects the nickel,clad,and silver,howboughtit,i am not an expert at cleaning,i do use electroysis method on encrusted find's,how about you :?: Earl

When your clean coins come out looking like light gold ,thats why you seperate them,it would be nice if you can clean all coins together but you cant,i clean everything seperate now,how about you,it seems like the copper effects the nickel,clad,and silver,howboughtit,i am not an expert at cleaning,i do use electroysis method on encrusted find's,how about you :?: Earl

I miss the dirty ones already :lol: I calculate it will take me 6 days to process all my clad at this rate. Barrels are 3 pound max and I have them at 4 but this is still a slow go. Now who will believe I pulled all that myself?

I see no harm in the nickel with the silver... yet

Back
Top Bottom