Been watching some mx sport videos

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
And that thing is a deep coin machine.Ive only ever ran one whites machine,a mx5..Good machine but I wasn't really impressed with it over what else was in it's price range.
But I've watched enough videos of that mx sport from people from all over the USA with the same results,one deep accurate coin machine..And as I was watching them I remembered reading posts on here from some relic hunters who pretty much called the mx sport junk..Can't give a hands on opinion,but unless my eyes are deceiving me that machine is a excellent coinshooter.
Anyone who has one and cares to chime in please do,im curious about how the 7 inch coil performance is compared to the stock coil..Just might be the flavor of the month.lol..

Last edited:
You and me both. Now the MX7 as I don’t need another waterproof machine and as far as I can tell that’s the only difference, minus weight and length. I keep waiting for a used MX7 to pop up for sale but haven’t seen one.

And that thing is a deep coin machine.Ive only ever ran one whites machine,a mx5..Good machine but I wasn't really impressed with it over what else was in it's price range.
But I've watched enough videos of that mx sport from people from all over the USA with the same results,one deep accurate coin machine..And as I was watching them I remembered reading posts on here from some relic hunters who pretty much called the mx sport junk..Can't give a hands on opinion,but unless my eyes are deceiving me that machine is a excellent coinshooter.
Anyone who has one and cares to chime in please do,im curious about how the 7 inch coil performance is compared to the stock coil..Just might be the flavor of the month.lol..

OK... I am swinging a MXSport. Now I am new to detecting and I have only put about 50 hours on it. I have only used a Fisher 44 ( a great starter machine) previously so I really can't speak in comparison terms. So far I have found $45 in clad, 1851 Half dime, 2 Silver rings, Couple of pendants, a bunch of Junk jewelry. I hunt mostly parks so far and here in Oregon can get pretty wet so I went with the MXSport. It is easy to use, I was able to get right into it. ID's have been pretty good.

It is really sensitive, I usually run it at a sensitivity of 6 or 7 and many of the targets I have hit are 6"+. It handled the beach well when I went (just once this year...dry and wet sand). It is well balanced. It is heavy (compared to my f44), but I can swing it for 5 hours with no problems, about 4lbs or so.

I have started to play with the settings, I like the 4 tones and in junky areas the reject volume helps a lot with odd shaped items and gives a nice little grunt off of bottle caps. I also have the 6" concentric coil (Six Shooter) and it works well in the junky parks and is super light and deep.

I really like it. It has made my introduction into this hobby a very pleasurable experience. Hope that helps.

I had an MX Sport but traded it after about 3 months of use. I am a park coin and jewelry hunter. I felt it was a more than capable machine, but I did prefer it with the concentric 950 coil over the stock DD. The smaller 6 inch concentric had not yet been released by the time I traded it.

What made me let it go was the ergonomics. It is a relatively heavy machine, and nose heavy too. As above, in retrospect, I would get the MX7 if your heart is set on this line of detectors. It should be lighter. If you don't plan to make good use of the waterproofing of the Sport, don't spend the extra money. The MX7 already comes with the 950 concentric. You can add the smaller coil later if you like the machine.

Back
Top Bottom