CTX in fe-coin

sgtwilks

Forum Supporter
Hey-ok im going to try this again. I set my ctx to fe-coin. Now I see the id and tones are different. I can't tell a clad dime from a silver by tone or id. A silver dollar rings at 12-42 and a clad dollar rings 1-38. I do recognize tones and id in ground -coin. Will they both pull silver masked in iron? Or do I have to learn FE-Coin.

Hey can we just stick to this topic until I figure this out. I kinda need help with this. Thanks you all for trying to help.

In ferrous coin for me, wheats and copper memorials hit 41-43, clad dimes 44, silver dimes 45, silver quarters 46. The silver dollars do ring a bit low for some reason, not sure why that is. What I do is run mine wide open except the very bottom 35 line, I have that blocked out all the way from 1 to 35 then I go into tones and I make iron AND everything between 15 to 29 the same tone as iron, which is the lowest on the scale. That will allow you to skip most can slaw, tabs, and most of all the junk range. But since it's still making a tone and not actually discriminated out if you get into a big junk/iron patch and here a bunch of thuds you know to slow way down incase there's a silver there in with it. The only thing you're really going to miss is an occasional gold that might ring in the 20's if you are the type of person who pretty much wants to beep dig everything. Other than that I set 1-14 range a bit higher which is nickels, small gold rings, and some types of foil so you don't miss nickels. The 30's range I set to a tone about 3/4 of the way through the range and decide to dig them depending on the site I'm at since Indians ring in around 35-37ish. Zilcolns will also come in around 34-35ish. Then I set my good coin range of 39-48 at almost the highest tone on the scale.

I use my KoinKiller program in severely trashy fairgrounds and parks. It is sort of the same but I will put recovery fast on and take out the 30's range as well. Not good for anywhere you want to find indians and such but it nails the silver that's in a hole with 35 nails and bolts.

Noise cancel at every site then crank up the sensitivity until it starts to chatter then back it down 2 numbers. Or run it auto 3 if you prefer. For some reason in my ground the CTX likes to set my auto in the low teens which is too low for my liking.

In ferrous coin for me, wheats and copper memorials hit 41-43, clad dimes 44, silver dimes 45, silver quarters 46. The silver dollars do ring a bit low for some reason, not sure why that is. What I do is run mine wide open except the very bottom 35 line, I have that blocked out all the way from 1 to 35 then I go into tones and I make iron AND everything between 15 to 29 the same tone as iron, which is the lowest on the scale. That will allow you to skip most can slaw, tabs, and most of all the junk range. But since it's still making a tone and not actually discriminated out if you get into a big junk/iron patch and here a bunch of thuds you know to slow way down incase there's a silver there in with it. The only thing you're really going to miss is an occasional gold that might ring in the 20's if you are the type of person who pretty much wants to beep dig everything. Other than that I set 1-14 range a bit higher which is nickels, small gold rings, and some types of foil so you don't miss nickels. The 30's range I set to a tone about 3/4 of the way through the range and decide to dig them depending on the site I'm at since Indians ring in around 35-37ish. Zilcolns will also come in around 34-35ish. Then I set my good coin range of 39-48 at almost the highest tone on the scale.

I use my KoinKiller program in severely trashy fairgrounds and parks. It is sort of the same but I will put recovery fast on and take out the 30's range as well. Not good for anywhere you want to find indians and such but it nails the silver that's in a hole with 35 nails and bolts.

Noise cancel at every site then crank up the sensitivity until it starts to chatter then back it down 2 numbers. Or run it auto 3 if you prefer. For some reason in my ground the CTX likes to set my auto in the low teens which is too low for my liking.

Thank you Azmodeus for taking the time to explain that. I have to figure out how to change those tones but I have everything else down that you said. Thanks again!
Cliff

Thank you Azmodeus for taking the time to explain that. I have to figure out how to change those tones but I have everything else down that you said. Thanks again!
Cliff

You're using the Xchange 2 program aren't ya? The program makes it really easy, I change all my settings and tones through the program. Just click on the "Tone ID" tab. Then upload them to the CTX through the usb cable.

You're using the Xchange 2 program aren't ya? The program makes it really easy, I change all my settings and tones through the program. Just click on the "Tone ID" tab. Then upload them to the CTX through the usb cable.

No but I am looking to do this tonight. I might have more questions.
Cliff

Back
Top Bottom