Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and Fisher F2 comparison.

Robs

Recently purchased a used BH Pioneer 505 off of Ebay and have done some comparing with my Fisher F2. Just for the fun of it. :yes: The BH is quieter than the F2 and has 3 tones verses the F2's 4 tones, both of which I prefer the BH. The S handle on the F2 is more stable than on the BH. The reason I got the BH 505 is that I wanted no motion all metal, and ground balance. I like searching with the no motion mode. And to my surprise it does target ID and give depth reading in this mode. Also it does go deeper than the F2 by 3 or 4 inches, both units using 8 inch coils. The F2 gives a depth reading in the pin point mode which on coin sided objects works fine. But on larger objects or irregular shaped one the depth reading is not very accurate, :no: where the BH 505 a depth reading is given in all modes and seems to be very accurate. I think the F2 does a better job of target separation though, which brings me to my question. Would the 11 inch DD coil improve target separation over the standard 8 inch coil? I do realize the 4 inch coil would work better in trashier areas than the 8. How would the 4 inch and the 11 DD compare under this situation. Thanks :yes:

Recently purchased a used BH Pioneer 505 off of Ebay and have done some comparing with my Fisher F2. Just for the fun of it. :yes: The BH is quieter than the F2 and has 3 tones verses the F2's 4 tones, both of which I prefer the BH. The S handle on the F2 is more stable than on the BH. The reason I got the BH 505 is that I wanted no motion all metal, and ground balance. I like searching with the no motion mode. And to my surprise it does target ID and give depth reading in this mode. Also it does go deeper than the F2 by 3 or 4 inches, both units using 8 inch coils. The F2 gives a depth reading in the pin point mode which on coin sided objects works fine. But on larger objects or irregular shaped one the depth reading is not very accurate, :no: where the BH 505 a depth reading is given in all modes and seems to be very accurate. I think the F2 does a better job of target separation though, which brings me to my question. Would the 11 inch DD coil improve target separation over the standard 8 inch coil? I do realize the 4 inch coil would work better in trashier areas than the 8. How would the 4 inch and the 11 DD compare under this situation. Thanks :yes:

I have some trouble believing the BH 505 has a 3" to 4" depth advantage over the f2. Both are low end machines , though the f2 should be a little more advanced. Both should get average depth for low end entry level machines , but a 3 to 4 inch difference between the two when both have the same size coil would make me think something was wrong with the f2.

But generally , yes.....a DD coil would improve target seperation.

Back
Top Bottom