Using atpro for unmasking then using cibola?

goneriding11

Found a great 1840's spot. Do you think using an atpro to dig trash and iron in the first 6-8 inches if ground then coming back with a cibola for the 8-12 inch stuff is a good idea?

If you're going to dig everything eventually, then why not just run the Cibola with zero disc to begin with and dig it all as you go? Am I missing something?

X2:?: Work smarter, not harder. Congrats on finding the old site.

Found a great 1840's spot. Do you think using an atpro to dig trash and iron in the first 6-8 inches if ground then coming back with a cibola for the 8-12 inch stuff is a good idea?

It might be helpful if you are documenting a historical sight, want to keep things organized, and you have unlimited time there. Edited: Also I must add If no one else would be entering the sight, If you have limits than maybe use the Cibola and dig all (as suggested above) and map the area if you where planning on documenting, include depth and location as you list what is found.

I do enjoy digging like that if I don't have limits. Seems like it gives a better story of the place and helpful if you donate to a local "museum" or historical display or group. Sounds like an interesting and fun project.

(Granted things still do surface from the past and things that are modern do sink.)

The At-pro should be all you need, I find plenty of coins at 8 to 12 inches deep with mine..:grin:

Back
Top Bottom