Anyone using the robo handle on a scoop or shaft?

InShepherdsArms

Elite Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 326
I've not used one, but I'm having a hard time seeing how that would be useful or comfortable?:?:

I'm out.

I lift and shake the T-Rex by the handle without a problem. What's a pain is how he has to grab the top of the scoop to dig and then maneuver his hand behind the shaft and through the cuff to grab the handle and shake. It's a lot of wasted motion. I guarantee I'm retrieving that target much quicker than he is. Now, there is one local detectorist who put a handle and cuff on the top of his scoop and does quite well without all of the maneuvering.

And what the H3LL did he do to his RTG? He cut out the top so the target that he just scooped can go flying out. I'm not taking lessons from that guy.

R5

Not so sure I'd like that on my scoop but possibly for some of the detectors. I went to a web page that shows the products and that isn't all they have.... You can just purchase the handle. One of the biggest problems with saltwater and handles is finding out a year after installing one that you have to cut of the bolt to remove the handle. IF these contain SS hardware, I'm in on a test of the handle for my straight shafts and may find a use for some of their other products for my Franken3030. :D

Thanks for the heads up on the new product....like everything else out there, nothing works for everyone.

Cliff

Everyone has their preferences. For me I think it would feel uncomfortable to hold it that way.

In the dry sand you just use a dry sand scoop. What he didn't show you is how weak it will make you trying to pick a bucket of sand up out of the water. Any leverage you had is now gone. I can see Tom from California buying one. I already tested that idea using a certain style crutch and hated it. Your elbow takes a beating. IMO

That AT PRO must not get ground balanced regular. No way to reach the buttons even to pinpoint.

Someone try one and leave some feedback.

In the dry sand you just use a dry sand scoop. What he didn't show you is how weak it will make you trying to pick a bucket of sand up out of the water. Any leverage you had is now gone. I can see Tom from California buying one. I already tested that idea using a certain style crutch and hated it. Your elbow takes a beating. IMO

That AT PRO must not get ground balanced regular. No way to reach the buttons even to pinpoint.

+2

Good point

I went to the site Cliff showed me. Enlarging the picture the clamp... if its like the metal one will rust and definitely cut the heck out of your hand if you spend much time out there. The cuff isnt tight enough to provide much help so you will be doing most of the work with your wrist and forearm. It cant be well balanced.... just think about the CZ21 and its balance. On a scoop..... its just plain awkward and you are right..... to many motions to make it faster recovery.

Dew

OP put that money towards an RTG dry sand scoop. The one with the angle. I spank the young guys in the dry sand who are using water scoops. Not saying I could take PIJoe yet. But I'm feeling froggy:lol:

OP put that money towards an RTG dry sand scoop. The one with the angle. I spank the young guys in the dry sand who are using water scoops. Not saying I could take PIJoe yet. But I'm feeling froggy:lol:

Was yesterdays hunt a dry sand hunt? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom