Gauntlet Quality Going Downhill

fsa46

Forum Supporter
I bought another pair of gauntlets ( the green ones with the red gloves ) that most of us use.

The first pair lasted a about a season and a half. The second set leaked out of the box, I fixed them and continued to get leaks in different places and didn't even get a season out of them

I ordered a third set and they leaked after the first hunt, patched them and another spot leaked. Every hunt another spot leaked and yesterday the green part got a hole in it.

After looking over all three pair I couldn't believe it....the first pair the green part was the thickest, the second set was thinner, and this last pair is so thin you wouldn't believe it.

I'm passing this along because I know many of you use these gauntlets and the quality has gone downhill dramatically. It's time to look elsewhere.

I made a pair out of lineman's sleeves and lineman's gloves and they came out fine. However the dexterity isn't what I'm looking for. I'm going to make another pair out of the material from my breathable waders. They should be light enough and have extraordinary strength and last a long time.

It seems like everything we buy is going this way, make it as cheap as you can and get as much as you can for it...it's all about money. :(

There is a solution... hunt the slopes :D I'll give you my gauntlets if you want they don't leak yet :laughing:

Polar paws quality is now garbage. I'm trying other kinds for this season, I just got some green Bemacs.

Tested this setup yesterday

Frank I have the ticket.... These are so good most dive suit companies have picked them up and called it there own drysuit dryglove system. (DUI,Viking, Bare) I can use the Atlas Gloves and swap out when wore out and with the Atlas gloves I know I am good for water at least 35.7, which is what I used last year for 4 hours at a time with no problem, temp wise and being able to pick up very small objects.
Very easy on and off. With some work one could install the kit on a set of Gauntlet gloves sleeves. Here is the permanent cuff system you would use and video of hunting with them.

There are two different glove systems that can be used with PC system, SI TECH Quick gloves ( like in my video )and the other is Glove lock system.

With the system on the drysuit I can swap out to gloves for cold weather then silicon wrist seals for the spring.

Attachments

• OBN0353.jpg
    OBN0353.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 282
  • OBN0352.jpg
    OBN0352.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 290
Frank I have the ticket.... These are so good most dive suit companies have picked them up and called it there own drysuit dryglove system. (DUI,Viking, Bare) I can use the Atlas Gloves and swap out when wore out and with the Atlas gloves I know I am good for water at least 35.7, which is what I used last year for 4 hours at a time with no problem, temp wise and being able to pick up very small objects.
Very easy on and off. With some work one could install the kit on a set of Gauntlet gloves sleeves. Here is the permanent cuff system you would use and video of hunting with them.

There are two different glove systems that can be used with PC system, SI TECH Quick gloves ( like in my video )and the other is Glove lock system.

With the system on the drysuit I can swap out to gloves for cold weather then silicon wrist seals for the spring.

That looks like a winner Joe, if mine doesn't work out this Winter I'm going to give those a try. Thanks for the link to the vid....I like it.

Last edited:
Frank...

If yours is anything like the scoop you made for me I'm sure they will last a long, long time.

OK, I don't think I know what they are but I don't think it's something I need down here...:tropical:

Last edited:
My polar paws lasted 2 hunts when my scoop hand got a leak where my handle was rubbin.Fixed it by cutting up an old neoprene glove.I made sum patches used aqua seal and its been ok since.Hope they last but im not holding my breath see wut happens once i break them out this winter:roll:

LI Nice Boat Buddy!!

Thnx Joe...Fishing used to take up most of my time on the boat.I only used the boat to fish this spring then i turned it into my pirate ship.I anchor off the rich private beaches i cant get to ,I grab my Xcall and over the side we go:D..Cant keep me off the good beaches anymore:pirate:

Double sealed Polar Paws sleeves glued to Atlas gloves has worked well for me so far Frank!!:yes:

CJ

Double sealed Polar Paws sleeves glued to Atlas gloves has worked well for me so far Frank!!
Lew, I remember seeing those...they are killers..should last another 10 years...

Lew, I remember seeing those...they are killers..should last another 10 years...

Lets hope so Joe!!:D They are nice and warm, allow me to pick up objects easily, but work fine as long as I am careful not to get in water too deep as they are a tad too short for me .:yes:

CJ

Saw that set up Monday with Joe, looks like a nice set up , Earl

Anything Joe does comes out like that. Quality workmanship all the time.

Double sealed Polar Paws sleeves glued to Atlas gloves has worked well for me so far Frank!!:yes:

CJ

I think you're going to have good luck with those, outstanding job Lew. You always seem to find a solution to a problem, I have no doubt they will last a lot longer than the originals Polar Paws.

Back
Top Bottom