• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Tiger Shark or Whites Surf Master PI Pro

mdl7294

I think I have narrowed it down to two choices. I would like some feedback on which one you guys would choose. Thanks

I think I have narrowed it down to two choices. I would like some feedback on which one you guys would choose. Thanks

Freshwater Tigershark... Saltwater Whites PI... the Tiger Shark is ok in the salt but but not as good as the PI PRO is..

yeah I will be 100% saltwater in Florida....forgot to mention that.

Thx

I would go with the PI PRO then.. I hear the Tiger Shark can be quite noisy in the water.. just what I hear on other water hunting boards other than that its a decent detector.. I don't think the Tiger is as deep either...

I would go with the PI PRO then.. I hear the Tiger Shark can be quite noisy in the water.. just what I hear on other water hunting boards other than that its a decent detector.. I don't think the Tiger is as deep either...

Hey Craig, how about the White's PI Pro -vs- the the DetectPro Wader?? Cost difference?!?

Hey Craig, how about the White's PI Pro -vs- the the DetectPro Wader?? Cost difference?!?

They are two different animals so to speak.. I like the discrimination of the Wader/Diver over the Excalibur.. the Excal loved bottlcaps and with the Diver it barely picks them up they are scratchy signals and I don't dig them... And I don't think I'm missing any good targets skipping them..

My Diver is nowhere as deep as my PI but I didn't buy it for depth although its decent in the wet sand, I bought it for a couple beaches that are iron infested and I wouldn't hunt with the PI.

As to price they are comparable.. the Diver is $719.00, The PI is $699.00 although I paid less for both of them :)

The PI is for the water and some wet sand, the Diver is for iron infested wet sand and dry sand only :)

why do you guys have an aversion to the Garrett Sea Hunter? In all seriousness, what's up?

Some like them but I haven't heard anything good about them.. a couple board members here owned them and they did not like their performance in the water.. maybe its up here in the Northeast they don't work that great..

Its like the BeachHunterID works great around here but is terrible out west..

that's good to know, I bought one for here on the left coast of florida and so far think it's a pretty good machine. We don't have black sand and it's kinda a turn on and go type deal. I've used mine three weekends and have found 5 hoop earrings(all junk metal), and about 10 bucks in clad in the water. the pinpointing is on and lately I've been listening to the small sounds that break threshold, it works. I've yet to run the coil across any precious metal, but that's just in swinging it over the right place.

that's good to know, I bought one for here on the left coast of florida and so far think it's a pretty good machine. We don't have black sand and it's kinda a turn on and go type deal. I've used mine three weekends and have found 5 hoop earrings(all junk metal), and about 10 bucks in clad in the water. the pinpointing is on and lately I've been listening to the small sounds that break threshold, it works. I've yet to run the coil across any precious metal, but that's just in swinging it over the right place.

Dave we have a ton of black sand up here maybe that's the reason, I myself have never tried one but when I contacted someone about purchasing one they steered me clear of it...

Back
Top Bottom