Found an interesting coin.... a $100 peso! KM-493

L_Bo

I thought it was worth $9.69 with today's currency exchange rates!!! :cool:

not the actual coin I found, I didn't take a pic yet
mexico20_0B.jpg
mexico20_01.jpg

Then further reasearch realized that Mexico "re-valued" the peso in 1993. :no: They took it out of circulation.

100 Pesos - KM#493 Aluminum-Bronze
Venustiano Carranza
VF $.60 - UNC $2.25

Maybe in 100 years it will be a collector coin :lol:

Mine doesn't look as good :p Maybe I shoulda posted the pics of what I did find in the OP, here are some I just took of it.

Today's nut; the clad is from the 80's. (Been finding a lot of "older" 70's and 80's clad lately) The metal pieces are WWII ammo framgments which are very common for this area.

IMG_5903.jpg

The coin, needs some cleaning. What should I use to clean it?

IMG_5896.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

I know how you feel. I went through the same thing when I dug up this one.

Attachments

• 1000Pesos.jpg
    1000Pesos.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,596
I found one too. The same year even. HH Rob

Attachments

• 1000peso.jpg
    1000peso.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,566
L Bo,

If you really want to clean it there are several options. One is electrolysis. Another is to take toothpaste or Soft Scrub cleaner and an old tooth brush. It should clean up pretty good. I wouldn't recommend this if the coin was valuable, but it will make it look pretty for displaying. They do make a nice lookind display coin with your other finds.:yes:

East Coast, Bethany Beach De.

The beach is really weird since a nor easter that blew few a few weeks ago. There is a river running through the beach, a huge sandbar between this "river" and the ocean and at high tide there is hardly a beach. I think there was a lot of sand removed on the back end, now forming this "on the beach elevated sandbar" (if that makes sense) which explains a lot of this old clad I keep finding (60's-80's).

Nice finds.. go to a coin shop, buy a bottle of MS70.. or EZest.. both will clean the coins quite well. If noted to be valuable due to rarity, consult a coin forum. RickO

Back
Top Bottom