HHI Jaunt

GaBeachsweeper

Forum Supporter
The wife and I boogied down to HHI for a couple of says at the beach Wednesday. I had a battery (Excal) charger malfunction unbeknownst until arrival at the beach, and switched to the Sovereign Elite. That was un-necessary since I had another regular battery pack w/plenty of AAs for just that sort of occasion but it just didn't occur to me for some reason, that is until the next morning when nothing I had on the charger all night showed any juice at all. Now I was miffed right good yesterday morning upon this discovery, but it was short-lived as the fog obscuring Plan B cleared from my head. I don't have a thorough understanding of the Sovereign as I hunt the beach mostly and use the Excal unless it is unavailable for some reason. As a result it took some doing to get her tuned right to tolerate the wet sand. Initially I just said screw-it and retreated to the dry stuff found lots of junk of course, but when I got it where it would handle the wet I ran across several significant "pocket dumps". Hence the $3 in quarters. Yesterday the Excal took over and I got into the drink and happened upon my first Titanium ring ever. Oh Yeah, it's a Spinner. The weather was perfect and I met two other hunters, A Charlie Lanier from around Millen Ga using a Fischer 1280X and another man from Wisconsin swingin an Excal w/stock shaft. They weren't water hunters and neither seemed to have any luck they were gonna show.
All in all a good trip, and hey Titanium ain't gold but it's a righteous ring and it coulda been "The Precious". Hope you like the pics.
Jim
June4-5NutHHI08001.jpg

June4-5NutHHI08003.jpg

June4-5NutHHI08.jpg

June4-5NutHHI08010.jpg

Nice ring Jim....

I found a titanium ring once and I thought I had my second platinum ring what a let down lol...

I'm still trying for you with what we have been working on.. ;)

Thanks Craig.
I with this guy I figure it'll just take some time. But will be worth it.
I appreciate your efforts on my behalf.
Jim

I'm heading upstate this weekend for another member for a different detector so I can't do both lol...

I can't understand the one you and I are working on.. I was willing to drive over an hour and meet him more than 3/4 of the way its lol..

Wow, that's an amazing ring!! I've hunted down in HHI a time or two. Course I grew up there....come to think of it, my dad lost this ring, I think it was titanium, and it said--"Forever" on it......:lol::lol:Good job, hope you had a good time! HH
NC

Don't you just hate it when things start out all wrong. Glad you were able to get things right and had some success. That is a nice ring. Congratulations on the finds.:yes:

I do indeed hate it when things like that begin awry. My Excal battery charger will need replacing as the wire broke right where it goes up into the transformer housing and I don't have a clue how to open it up. I thought that an older charger would do the trick as it's rating was same voltage with only a 20ma lower current variance BUT, the volt-ohm meter tells a different story. The stock charger is rated at 14v output but actually sends 19 volts into the Excal's 12v pack to recharge. The older Garrett charger only gives 11v so it wouldn't ever get the job done.
Hopefully Radio Shack has a charger to fit the bill.
We'll see, I have until July 4 week @ Daytona.
Happy Huntin All.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom