Here KT goes...2012 CRHing totals!

Wow!

How many man hours did you put into this? In the end, I take it that it was worth it by your response.

Not counting the picking up of the boxes nor the dumping of the coins....right at 4-5 hours a week, mostly at night while watching Thursday night football, or something else on TV. Oh, also forgot....every hunt that was worthwhile, KT took pics of the coins, posted the hunt in this Forum, and kept an Excel file up-to-date...that's how I got the statistics accurate! :lol::lol:

But just like Mding, its a labor of love...we don't consider the value of the time spent doing it. A hobby is something you do for the pleasure of it...and even with KT's yearly totals, it ain't worth His Royal Day Job to quit and only CRH. In 2011 KT got in nearly 400 MD hunts and no CRHing. But in 2012, with the diagnosis of cancer and resultant treatment, KT got in 50 CRH runs, and only 66 MD hunts...about half before He was diagnosed and the rest after He was cured. Ya can't say KT ain't a fanatic about anything He sets His Royal Mind to! :laughing::laughing: Thats how The King got the name: KingTotsalot! HA HA

And in 2011, KT only found one 64 Rosie...his only silver coin! But this year, KT has added a significant amount to His Royal Silver Horde!

:roll:
Well after you paid for all the coins you took home you are ahead by about 50 bucks. Insane that your silver was practically free.

???:?:What do you mean "afer you paid for all the coins"?? He did not pay for them but found them in circulation so they were free basically or face value if you want to be technical and the overages he is talking about is money that gets stuck in the coin counting machine that gets knocked loose by all the half dollars he returns so that is free money for him!!! Not sure how you do math but he profitted way, way over $50 haha!!!!!:lol::roll:

???:?:What do you mean "afer you paid for all the coins"?? He did not pay for them but found them in circulation so they were free basically or face value if you want to be technical and the overages he is talking about is money that gets stuck in the coin counting machine that gets knocked loose by all the half dollars he returns so that is free money for him!!! Not sure how you do math but he profitted way, way over $50 haha!!!!!:lol::roll:

The King concurs! Way over! :laughing::laughing::laughing: all the way to the safe deposit box! KT would profit more if He sold them but nope, hording is FUN! :excited::laughbounce::woot:

First off I don't know why I put the little roll eyes smiley in my post. Not sure if it was an accident or not but it does seem a little snotty. Didn't mean to come off like that.

But this is how I defend my original statement.

The king took out 973 coins that were of value to him (minus the two dimes). So he "paid" $486 (face value) to keep them. If he received $524.88 in overages he "replaced" the $486.50 he took from the search, leaving him "up" $38.38 and keeping the 973 halves.

That's what I meant. Very awesome none the less :)

Super job king. Your influencinge me to try a box for sure. I know persistance pays off.

First off I don't know why I put the little roll eyes smiley in my post. Not sure if it was an accident or not but it does seem a little snotty. Didn't mean to come off like that.

But this is how I defend my original statement.

The king took out 973 coins that were of value to him (minus the two dimes). So he "paid" $486 (face value) to keep them. If he received $524.88 in overages he "replaced" the $486.50 he took from the search, leaving him "up" $38.38 and keeping the 973 halves.

That's what I meant. Very awesome none the less :)

KT sees your logic, but you don't take into account the silver value of the coins removed...that's what has everyone wondering about your calculation. Certainly if KT never cashes them in, just hordes them, you are correct...but some day, someone will, and then the profit will be much higher!

Interesting, My better half has been into banking almost 20 years. running into silver is not common. But it does happen. Last June some dime rolls came in. The teller was just going to put them in the vault. My wife just so happened to be up front. She said hey wait aint you going to check them? So the teller was like well OK. Out of the 8 rolls 2 rolls were silver. Yep two rolls of merc's. They split it. We took our roll of silver to our place of choice and made off with $118!:D
Also, we have rolls of 1970's halves. Most are MINT. Are these worth more than face value?

Interesting, My better half has been into banking almost 20 years. running into silver is not common. But it does happen. Last June some dime rolls came in. The teller was just going to put them in the vault. My wife just so happened to be up front. She said hey wait aint you going to check them? So the teller was like well OK. Out of the 8 rolls 2 rolls were silver. Yep two rolls of merc's. They split it. We took our roll of silver to our place of choice and made off with $118!:D
Also, we have rolls of 1970's halves. Most are MINT. Are these worth more than face value?

Yes, 70 halves are 40% silver so they are worth just as much as any of the other 40%ers....but they may be worth more to coin collectors because they were low mintage! check em out with a coin dealer before selling for scrap!

-----just plain sweetness!!!! btw--that getting the stuck coins out by plowing machine with halves---is priceless--:D!!!
And Im glad you won the big fight!!:band:

-----just plain sweetness!!!! btw--that getting the stuck coins out by plowing machine with halves---is priceless--:D!!!
And Im glad you won the big fight!!:band:

Thanks! So is THE KING! :lol::lol::laughing::lol::lol: And on the discussion above...yep, KT meant halves minted in 1970 are 40%, but much more scarce because they were only available in mint sets and as proofs, not made for general circulation. The only way to get one is if someone broke a mint or proof set and used the coins as pocket change! :shock: KT has only gotten 1 of them in his 15 months of running boxes of halves....rarer than 90%ers! One coin KT has not yet gotten is a Barber half when CRHing...but, Ya never know! :lol::lol:

How do you make those coin holder things? New to all this and just want to make sure I don't use something that may damage my coins.

Back
Top Bottom