Need some help please!!!!!!!!

Paulb

I was wanting if someone could tell me how hard it would be to fix the backlighting display on the White's Eagle Spectrum.I just recieved it today and the (bulb?) is burnt out I guess.I plan to do alot of searching at night so I really need this.Also if it is a bulb, what type of bulb does it take???THANKS

Paul

I don't think its a bulb, I think its LED and it sounds like your detector will have to be sent to Whites for a fix

You are going to have to send that off to Whites

It isn't a light bulb unfortunately. It is more like the Indiglo lights on a wrist watch. I would call Whites and get some idea about the cost of getting it fixed to decide if it is worth it to pay for that repair. You could always get one of those head mounted flash lights instead. That would also help with your digging at night.

Paulb said:
I was wanting if someone could tell me how hard it would be to fix the backlighting display on the White's Eagle Spectrum.I just recieved it today and the (bulb?) is burnt out I guess.I plan to do alot of searching at night so I really need this.Also if it is a bulb, what type of bulb does it take???THANKS

Try going into the basic adjustments, there should be an adjustment to make the backlight brighter.

Thanks for the info Macdaddy but I tried that already.I turned it up to 6 and nothing :mad: I took the Spectrum to a local park tonight to try it out and it was awful holding it in my right hand and my big maglight in my left :o( Oh well I think I'll contact White's and see what the would charge to fix it.Love this Detector anyways!!!!!!

Its over a £100 sterling for a replacement unit in the U.K. so not cheap but there is a componant on the circuit board that can fail and thats cheaper. Switch your machine on and click through to the back light brightness adjustment. Run it up to maximum and see if you have any light at all. If there's some the display will need replacing soon, if nothing happens listen and see if there's a hum noise. If not it may be they can just repair the board which should be far cheaper.

Anyway you look at it, the minimum will be about 50.00 up to over 100.00.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom