Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Old 06-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Elite Member

Default Screwed over by my bank

Went through about $4,000 in change in the last two weeks to pulls 5 silver dimes.

Well bring back some boxes and one is short a roll. I can't find it in my house.

They always count the rolls when you bring in boxes but never when they give them to you. So I got shorted a roll of dimes. Screwed over by the bank.

All the effort to pull 5 dimes is cancelled to losing one roll. Just wasted hours and hours of my time and nothing to show for it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:25 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by needler420 View post
Went through about $4,000 in change in the last two weeks to pulls 5 silver dimes.

Well bring back some boxes and one is short a roll. I can't find it in my house.

They always count the rolls when you bring in boxes but never when they give them to you. So I got shorted a roll of dimes. Screwed over by the bank.

All the effort to pull 5 dimes is cancelled to losing one roll. Just wasted hours and hours of my time and nothing to show for it.
Bring back some boxes? You mean the tellers count it? Prehistoric. Make sure your count is on or suffer the consequences.

ďAll the effort to pull 5 dimes is cancelled to losing one roll. Just wasted hours and hours of my time and nothing to show for it.Ē

No, you gained five silver dimes. All part of the game.

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...

They arrested him

Old 06-19-2018, 09:21 PM
Supporter

Honestly, sounds like a miserable way to try to find silver. You could probably hit a couple coin stars and find more with less effort. Or door knock for permissions.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
Bring back some boxes? You mean the tellers count it? Prehistoric. Make sure your count is on or suffer the consequences.

ďAll the effort to pull 5 dimes is cancelled to losing one roll. Just wasted hours and hours of my time and nothing to show for it.Ē

No, you gained five silver dimes. All part of the game.

Yeah I gained 5 silver dimes. You don't mention my loss of the roll of dimes, just what I gained.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:47 AM
Supporter

Consider it a small 'service charge' for handling all those boxes for you... Nice catch on the 5 silvers Man!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:14 AM
Supporter

Yeah I gained 5 silver dimes. You don't mention my loss of the roll of dimes, just what I gained.
It is disappointing to find out youíre short a roll. But, roll hunting has never been about making money. Itís a hobby, plain and simple. Usually, you will lose time and money. Similar to playing a game of golf, (lost time and money) although with this hobby you can stack silver.

You might try and find a bank with a coin counter. The one at my CU is free. Saves a lot of time because you wonít have to re-roll. Good luck!

They arrested him

Old 06-22-2018, 09:44 AM

You never know what 5 silver dimes will be worth down the road. The idea, at least for me, is to stack that silver no matter what! I'd say you're still looking good with the +5

Old 06-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Be glad it was only 1 dime roll you were short! KT had a box that was 4 half rolls short last year! And KT was upset, not at the lost rolls but that that particular box was loaded with silver halves, and He still wonders how many He missed in those 4 lost rolls.

KT has learned to inspect the boxes carefully and if there is any exterior tape holding them shut, we open on the spot in front of the vault teller and count the rolls while in the bank. This type of thing is very rare but happens sometimes when the delivery people handle the boxes rough enough to split a seam and one gets away in the truck. I am certain it is purely accidental, at least in my instance.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:53 PM
Elite Member

My bank fixed the problem. They found a old overdraft fee charge of mine and reversed it as they believe it was banks error.

For now on I get my coins and count the rolls on the side before leaving the bank on camera.

I told them I didn't want to stop coin roll hunting.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:14 AM
Supporter

My bank fixed the problem. They found a old overdraft fee charge of mine and reversed it as they believe it was banks error.

For now on I get my coins and count the rolls on the side before leaving the bank on camera.

I told them I didn't want to stop coin roll hunting.
If I understand correctly, your bank kept a dime roll out of the box, to cover an overdraft fee

They arrested him

Old 06-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Elite Member

If I understand correctly, your bank kept a dime roll out of the box, to cover an overdraft fee
No they reversed a overdraft fee I had from a long time ago to make up for the bank error of shorting me a roll in a box I bought.

I got a $12.50 charge reversed.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Supporter

No they reversed a overdraft fee I had from a long time ago to make up for the bank error of shorting me a roll in a box I bought.

I got a $12.50 charge reversed.
I gotcha.

Iíll be the Debbie Downer here. Complaining to the bank about roll hunting shortages is the fastest way to get cut off from the privilege of buying boxes, or loose rolls. The bank doesnít have to provide this service, they are doing you a favor. Of course shortages are not right, but itís safer if you eat the loss. Whine, and theyíll consider you a pain in the ***. Ask me how I know.

They arrested him

Old 06-23-2018, 01:40 PM
Elite Member

I gotcha.

Iíll be the Debbie Downer here. Complaining to the bank about roll hunting shortages is the fastest way to get cut off from the privilege of buying boxes, or loose rolls. The bank doesnít have to provide this service, they are doing you a favor. Of course shortages are not right, but itís safer if you eat the loss. Whine, and theyíll consider you a pain in the ***. Ask me how I know.
I know. I told them for now on Ill step to the side and count my rolls before leaving the premises.

Once you leave with the coin you purchased they aren't liable and have no way to verify a bank error.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:29 PM
Supporter

I know. I told them for now on Ill step to the side and count my rolls before leaving the premises.

Once you leave with the coin you purchased they aren't liable and have no way to verify a bank error.
I hear ya, donít blow it, you donít want to be a pita!

They arrested him

Last edited by amc rulz; 06-23-2018 at 06:47 PM.