Question

Kapi

Forum Supporter
When you find a silver ring (or any other material ring) that has gold on it (real gold) do you count it towards your yearly gold ring count? I don't and I'm bored waiting on the Fed Ex truck so I figured I'd ask.

When you find a silver ring that has gold on it (real gold) do you count it towards your yearly gold ring count? I don't and I'm bored waiting on the Fed Ex truck so I figured I'd ask.

I've never found myself in this predicament! :lol: but if I did, I would count it as gold.

When you find a silver ring (or any other material ring) that has gold on it (real gold) do you count it towards your yearly gold ring count? I don't and I'm bored waiting on the Fed Ex truck so I figured I'd ask.
I would, its like an unblended alloy. Consider 10k, 18k, 22k, are all blends of a metal with gold, but you count them, right? So anything with gold in it, should be considered. Well, actually, almost anything. Cell phones have like .01 g of gold, but nah, that shouldn't count :lol:

I don’t have any rings like that to think about because I work full time and can not detect.

Since I’m on lunch and logged in I’ll answer hypothetically. It’s a silver ring. And a gold ring. I think it gets its own tax code. Speaking of that I’m gonna go back to paying taxes. Cheers.

I found a sterling and 18k tiffany knife this year and it counts!

Attachments

• 30411639_10212708746926459_9153015125312012288_n.jpg
    30411639_10212708746926459_9153015125312012288_n.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 368
No...Not for the Waterbabies anyway...gotta be solid gold or it dont count...or else e'reybody would be posting Electroplates and 1/20 Rolled and chugging up the Forum with low value nonsense like the dirt hunters do! We are better than that! :laughing: Somebody should set some Forum parameters!

In fact, any gold ring not weighing at least 4grs of 14k should not even be mentioned or counted...so poor old Meggie only found about 3 real gold rings this year! Yippee! I have a chance to catch that!

Nope. A white copper ring with Gold accents is a white copper ring. A tungsten ring with Gold stripes is still a piece of carp.
Also if you scoop up a Gold chain with 7 Gold charms on it that is one Gold find, not 8.

We are the elite. We must have standards! :laughing:

For 36 years I have always counted a ring under the material that the ring has the most of. A silver ring with a gold flower on top would be a silver ring.
A ring of platinum with a smaller ring of meteorite I considered it a platinum ring. I do not count other than rings in my count. No earrings, pendents, chains, charms , toe rings, or belly button novelties, etc. A purist at heart. I guess I would be in dilemma if a ring was of equal part of two metals.

I usually go with what the predominant precious metal is of the piece.
This one was easy, a silver ring with just a little gold.

photostudio_1528391136933.jpg

This one was tougher, 50-50 silver and gold.
I was on the fence but eventually I counted it as gold for the year.

photostudio_1528391249486.jpg

Not that any of this really matters in the grand scope of things....any combination of precious metals on any jewelry is going to be a great find.

No...Not for the Waterbabies anyway...gotta be solid gold or it dont count...or else e'reybody would be posting Electroplates and 1/20 Rolled and chugging up the Forum with low value nonsense like the dirt hunters do! We are better than that! :laughing: Somebody should set some Forum parameters!

In fact, any gold ring not weighing at least 4grs of 14k should not even be mentioned or counted...so poor old Meggie only found about 3 real gold rings this year! Yippee! I have a chance to catch that!

All of us dirt hunters that get excited over tungsten, titanium and plated gold... UNITE!!

I guess I give it a 1/2 towards my counts. Let's suppose that you were to ONLY find the little piece of gold that the jewelry item contained - would it not be counted as a "tiny gold find" here on the FMDF?

Yep

It counts, if it has gold in it, that's one more up on OBN :lol: , Joe's probably in the 50s range on gold cap, keep scooping up the gold, Earl

It counts, if it has gold in it, that's one more up on OBN :lol: , Joe's probably in the 50s range on gold cap, keep scooping up the gold, Earl

Nut uh! The Ring Daddy page says he's found 1!!!! I got at least TWICE what he has.... :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: (knows better and is just kidding)

Nope. A white copper ring with Gold accents is a white copper ring. A tungsten ring with Gold stripes is still a piece of carp.
Also if you scoop up a Gold chain with 7 Gold charms on it that is one Gold find, not 8.

We are the elite. We must have standards! :laughing:

I'm with Mud, and Irons.. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig...

Seems Michigan folks don't mind setting the bar high...

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom