Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Elite Member

Default Anyone CHR quarters?

I just went through $150 in quarters and nada.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Elite Member

I've tried searching quarters.... no luck either

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Defendant: No your honor, I shot him in the ass as he jumped the fence!

Old 06-12-2018, 06:33 AM
Supporter

There’s a roll hunter on another forum that has searched $3,150 in quarters since June first. He’s found one silver.

When I was searching $5k-$10k per month in Halves, dimes and quarters, my average was about one silver quarter per $1,000 searched. My average for dimes was one silver per $150. Halves, one 40% per $300.

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...

They arrested him

Old 06-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Elite Member

Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas

I once got one single roll of quarters from my bank and found a silver quarter and I thought this is easy.
Then I got another one and found nothing so I gave up.
I got a 50% success record and I figure I can't get any better than that.

Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.
Plus a Nox 800.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Supporter

I've got a little cool thing going regarding the CRH topic...I've told the Wife about all the wonderful finds posted here, let her look at some of the pics etc...So now She is into CRHing big time! She is too shy to go to the bank herself and ask for a box, so I gotta do it, then, if its a dud, she is forlorn about it, disappointed, and I'm a big failure as a Husband...So now what I do is:

I go pick up some rolls of halfs or Q's or D's, doesnt really matter, then on the way home I pull over and salt a few tubes with some cool silver coins...then, we sit down at the counter together and go through the rolls! No TV, no Computer! Just me and her going through the tubes together! Talking and laughing like the olden days! Spending time together! I light some candles, put on some Barry White or 70's funk on the Bose, open a bottle of wine, and it makes for a wonderfully cheap "Date Night"!

Hey, for a few Silver Quarters? Plus I still got all the money left over for the change to take back to the bank? Not to mention the after benefits? ...Its inappropriate for a gentleman to discuss conjugals, and decorum prohibits me from going into details, but a pre-65 Washington Q or a Merc dime will get a guy something! Every once in a while toss in a Barber to spice things up!

I'm currently in process of buying 240 Seated Q's from a guy I know, and 190 Barber Halfs...Yeah!...steady rockin all night long!.....

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
I've got a little cool thing going regarding the CRH topic...I've told the Wife about all the wonderful finds posted here, let her look at some of the pics etc...So now She is into CRHing big time! She is too shy to go to the bank herself and ask for a box, so I gotta do it, then, if its a dud, she is forlorn about it, disappointed, and I'm a big failure as a Husband...So now what I do is:

I go pick up some rolls of halfs or Q's or D's, doesnt really matter, then on the way home I pull over and salt a few tubes with some cool silver coins...then, we sit down at the counter together and go through the rolls! No TV, no Computer! Just me and her going through the tubes together! Talking and laughing like the olden days! Spending time together! I light some candles, put on some Barry White or 70's funk on the Bose, open a bottle of wine, and it makes for a wonderfully cheap "Date Night"!

Hey, for a few Silver Quarters? Plus I still got all the money left over for the change to take back to the bank? Not to mention the after benefits? ...Its inappropriate for a gentleman to discuss conjugals, and decorum prohibits me from going into details, but a pre-65 Washington Q or a Merc dime will get a guy something! Every once in a while toss in a Barber to spice things up!

I'm currently in process of buying 240 Seated Q's from a guy I know, and 190 Barber Halfs...Yeah!...steady rockin all night long!.....
Mud Puppy the alchemist.... turning CRH into a roll in the hay. Bravo.

IH: 3, Buffalo/V/Shield: 10, Gold: 1

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Elite Member

Teach me your ways oh wise one!

Old 07-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Elite Member

This. Is. The. Best. Thing. Ever. 😂😂

Old 07-12-2018, 01:37 PM

I go pick up some rolls of halfs or Q's or D's, doesnt really matter, then on the way home I pull over and salt a few tubes with some cool silver coins...then, we sit down at the counter together and go through the rolls! No TV, no Computer! Just me and her going through the tubes together! Talking and laughing like the olden days! Spending time together! I light some candles, put on some Barry White or 70's funk on the Bose, open a bottle of wine, and it makes for a wonderfully cheap "Date Night

Now that's some good stuff there, lol!

Old 07-15-2018, 07:12 AM

That's pretty sweet. I'm gonna have to remember this one. Time well spent with a lady is worth many silver quarters.